LegacyGT.com

Should I get a refund?

So I have my Subaru for about 8months now and I bought it with an extended Subaru warranty (6yrs/60,000miles). I paid $1,400 for that extended warranty but after some research, I realized that I shouldn't be paying more than $1,000 for my extended warranty. I am pretty pissed at my dealership now. :mad:

Should I ask for a refund? Or should I walk into their finance department and request for them to give me a better price? :confused:

If you're eligible for a refund, you should go for it. Extended warranties are nototious rip-offs playing on peoples' fears, etc.

If you decide to storm into the finance office, please have a friend videotape it so we can all enjoy!

Probably sol. Its been 8 months.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I searched around on Google, people are paying roughy $700-$950 for gold plus plan that covers way longer than mine. :(

I am allowed to refund because I still have my basic 3yrs/36,000mile warranty with me. My car is at the dealership now for some schedule maintenance. I guess I will talk to them tonight or tomorrow.

I searched around on Google, people are paying roughy $700-$950 for gold plus plan that covers way longer than mine. :(

I am allowed to refund because I still have my basic 3yrs/36,000mile warranty with me. My car is at the dealership now for some schedule maintenance. I guess I will talk to them tonight or tomorrow.

I think you should be able to get a refund, but not as easy as when you buying stuff from them ... it sucks tho :spin:

I think you should be able to get a refund, but not as easy as when you buying stuff from them ... it sucks tho :spin:

Yeah, but it stated on the contract that I am eligible for refund as long as I didn't cross the 3yrs/36,000miles warranty. I also vaguely recall that the dealer telling me that it takes about roughly 1 month for them to process it. :mad:

Currently, my car has 18,250miles. So I am way in the safe zone right now, I just hate the part that it takes them 1 month to process the whole thing. :mad:

I am hoping they will throw me a better deal though.

Edit: I have 6yrs/60,000miles warranty right now.

Before you cancel - research the price. It depends a lot on the deductible, although 1400 is still too steep for 6yr/60k warranty even with zero deductible and 6cyl surcharge (iirc there is one). Before you cancel (which dealers really hate) tell them you're not happy, thinking about canceling and ask to have the contract upgraded somewhere towards 7yr/100k w $0 deductible.

Archived