LegacyGT.com

FS:(MD)05 Atlantic Blue Pearl Legacy GT Stage 2.5+

LegacyGTBiggie

now im playing with the idea of a 4 post lift in the garage too. ceiling looks to be 9"+ a little.

If so a rx is just under 40" and the LGT stock height is 57"...

Giving 4" for the thickness of the runways and 2" thats a total required height of 105" or 8'9"...

Im getting excited. Park the RX above the LGT adn have a lift for working on it. Only bad part will be a new garage door opener and working on it when its only 4' or so of fthe ground(im 6'3 and fat)....

found a 88 fully done with semi fresh paint and the running swap already done for about 10000.... For me thats a decent deal since I am not even moved into or settled completely on the house with the garage we are getting. Much less buying the tools needed to do any of this.

Send me specs or link for the 88 FC. $10,000 is far too much for an FC LS1 in this market. I've seen lot of swaps go for $8000 range few years ago.

Read through the ad. Wow he lasted only 9000 miles on a stage 3 clutch. you could prob source LS7 clutch for cheap. prob beat the crap out of it. but its a fast car thats what you do haha. The JTR longtube headers are quality headers they run like $800+ new. Everyone wants these or you go the cheapo BBK mustang header route. I had the granny kit which is decent. Ask if he tuned it or dynoed it. What diff does he have in it? TII diff or something beefier? The car itself is a basic swap with cam, upgraded brake components, coilovers. Nothing special. 140,000 miles on the chassis so of course check for rust. IMO, you can buy a cleaner swap for 10k. You don't want to pay 10k for a 22 year old car. Have you sat inside the FC? it's a POS. To give you numbers I purchased LS1/T56 off LS1tech for about $2800. The granny kit + misc parts everything needed for bare min swap was about another $2000. Obviously if you do all the work yourself it's cheaper but it took me awhile. Also he does have more parts but still. It looks like your looking to outright buy a complete car. What are you really looking for? You just want a project car?

I want one as complete as possible. More trying to buy a weekend toy car. and LOVE the rx-ls1s for that roll. So the inside only needs to be semi comfortable. If i go this route I will be keeping the LGT.

I am not th emost mechanical person and dont hae the garage/tools needed at this time. Garage is coming soon. But either way id like to buy one that is drivable and in working order.

I want one as complete as possible. More trying to buy a weekend toy car. and LOVE the rx-ls1s for that roll. So the inside only needs to be semi comfortable. If i go this route I will be keeping the LGT.

I am not th emost mechanical person and dont hae the garage/tools needed at this time. Garage is coming soon. But either way id like to buy one that is drivable and in working order.

Just giving advice. You can buy what you want but project cars aren't the most reliable cars. You drive them hard and things wear and tear. and you say you don't have tools or garage. so what if something goes wrong are you going to take it to a shop? you pay 10,000 for that car now you will lose a ton on the resale later on. those swaps are common now. no real demand for them. everyone is doing ls1 swaps these days. i'd dump the extra money into the house instead. good luck.

I am buying my house with garage now. And planning on a lift. And eventually building a good tool collection.

House is covered. Right now I was budgeting about 10k to buy a CTS-V over the sale of my LGT> So with that money still set aside, Id like to find the most complete toy/project car to play with. I know things will break and I will be fixing those things as they come up on my own. So like in the case of the one I linked you to, I would be doign the clutch to myself or with friends. I know about project cars and the woes of them needing repairs(Legacy GT stage 2.5 isnt exactly as reliable as stock). So I think I have a pretty good idea of what im getting into. just would rather start from a point of a running car rather than a shell and a motor and doing the swap myself. I know im lazy... but what can I say...

I am buying my house with garage now. And planning on a lift. And eventually building a good tool collection.

House is covered. Right now I was budgeting about 10k to buy a CTS-V over the sale of my LGT> So with that money still set aside, Id like to find the most complete toy/project car to play with. I know things will break and I will be fixing those things as they come up on my own. So like in the case of the one I linked you to, I would be doign the clutch to myself or with friends. I know about project cars and the woes of them needing repairs(Legacy GT stage 2.5 isnt exactly as reliable as stock). So I think I have a pretty good idea of what im getting into. just would rather start from a point of a running car rather than a shell and a motor and doing the swap myself. I know im lazy... but what can I say...

Nice. I look forward to buying a house soon as well. Definitely getting a high ceiling unit separate from the house so I can put in a lift. Haha if your doing all this work to setup the garage might as well do your own project. LS1 miata. DO IT!

Funny you say that. CTS-V is my next car after the house purchase. Speed is not always everything. But that car has it all. Either that or a M5. But after owning an M3 I don't know if I'd buy a BMW again. part costs an arm and leg.

i am 6'3 and 320+lbs. the RX7 without door panels is gonna be TIGHT. The Miata is a joke for me unfortunatly.

Id still LOVE to sell my LGT and just get the CTS-V and have one car with EVERYTHING... Speed luxury and modable enough to be fun. Something about a bolted/cammed/tuned LS2 CTS-V seems like such a BLAST to own.

On that note... Any more interest in my car at all?

Gonna be near impossible to sell during holiday season. Wallet drain. Probably need to hit it again in the spring...once folks are willing to leave their warm cozy homes to head out and look at a car. Same basic rules for selling a house I guess. But good luck..maybe you'll get a father/mother who might be feeling this would be a good surprise gift for their son/daughter. Would be cool actually.

Maybe... But who knows. since I am buying a house now as well. Everyone needs to drive.

Your buying so doesn't matter the season...might even benefit. Houses move slowly in winter, so you can certainly negotiate a better deal.

Cars...well, gotta hit up the AWD bit A LOT being that is a major selling point right now. I can't believe how much of a seasonal difference in pricing there is on Outbacks this time of year.

• 1 month later...

Archived