LegacyGT.com

Agency Power VS HKS Silent HI Power

Malone75

I currently have my stock exhaust back on after I had a slight sadness with my Magnaflow anyways. Was looking at these 2 exhaust systems pretty diligently and was wondering from you guys what's best for sound/flow? Also just looked at the Megan racing single Tip very nice I know it is going to be one of these 3 but which one ??

What happened with the Magnaflow? Also, what was your take on it? I'm looking to get on with a catted DP. My girlfriend told me I can get the CNT DP and Magnaflow or Agency power with no DP. On a 1-10 how would you rate the deepness of the Magnaflow's tone? Vids don't give a good representation.

I would rate the deepness 7.5-8, Very well sounding exhaust. I loved mine but since it is a slip joint exhuast and is held on with clamps it leaks condensation from where it clamps together no matter how hard I tighten it :( I will probly sell it cheap and just advise the new owner to have it welded on by a muffler shop other than that it's like brand new just polished up the mufflers n ceramic coated the piping now it sits in my garage LoL

Yes, it has the rumble. It is just louder than "silent power" would suggest. Many customers love the Magnaflow. I know you were not happy. I have used the SPT and Cobb on my cars and been very happy with both. The Cobb is discontinued. The SPT is available. The AVO is very nice too. But also pricey. Heck with the CBE's all the really nice ones are pricey. No inexpensive alternatives that look good,fit good, sound good, dont rust.

Why not have the Manaflow welded up at a muffler shop? Stop the leaks.

The Agency Power sounds great and looks decent, but you have to modify it for proper fitment. The flange didnt mate up perfectly, the midpipe to Ypipe flange interferes with the driveshaft, and the mufflers sit kind of low so you need to modify the hangers. After these modifications are made, the exhaust works well.
On the search for a new DD...

The Agency Power sounds great and looks decent, but you have to modify it for proper fitment. The flange didnt mate up perfectly, the midpipe to Ypipe flange interferes with the driveshaft.

This bothers me. Having not installed it myself (the one CBE I sell that I have yet to install) I think I might pull it from my offerings, or at least sell it with a disclaimer. Thanks for the honest assessment.

Can't give personal experience on AP exhaust but it looks like a decent system and sounds pretty good from clips I have seen online (not a fan of the titanium tips though).

Anway recently I was rear ended and my perrin exhaust was bent beyond repair. I had and loved the perrin system for 2 years. Since they discontinued the system his insurance company paid 125% of the cost of the exhaust system so i went with the HKS system as my replacement. Now fit and finish this system is legit, nice product with thick flanges and seems to bolt up great. The sound is slightly different from the perrin. It has definitly loss some low rpm grubble (that the perrin had) but isn't that far off. It doesn't lose the boxer sound but I almost feel like it sounds like a LGT would sound with equal length headers (just from what I have heard). Now one thing I really do appreciate about the system is its smoothness. I hate cars that backfire/pop or just don't sound good up and down the rev range. When you wind this system up and bring it back down it is just as smooth as can be. Anyway I don't think you will be disappointed with either system (unless the fitment issues with the AP are true) so just pick the one you like the looks of and think sounds the best. I do think it is crazy to spend 1K on a catback system but once you have it on it will be worth it.

thanks for your input kober1 i just wish there were more exhausts clips on the hks i wanna hear the boxer rumble and you said it sounds kinda like it has equal length headers on it that would stink LOL Do you got a camera a vid would be awesome sauce!!

The Agency Power has a very raw sound, and it does backfire, but partially thats due to my 50/50 BOV. It rumbles at idle and sounds great. The titanium tips bothered me, but with some metal polish and elbow grease, you can get rid of the burnt look. I really think my decision would be between Apex'i N1 Evo and Perrin if I were to do it again, but unfortunately, both are discontinued.

Also, I did not contact Agency Power about fitment since I bought it used. I did contact them about getting some stainless or unburnt tips though and they did not offer them in stainless or have the unburnt tips..

On the search for a new DD...

Archived