LegacyGT.com

Hill, Traffic, Rough Transmission

Last week I was headed home from Spokane back to Olympia on I90, I hit the pass and what do you know I got stuck in traffic thanks to a Justy sized bolder falling on the road. I started up the pass in stop and go traffic and got about a .5 mile in 30 or so minutes when I noticed something was not right with my car.

Symptoms:

First I started to smell something odd in my car coming from the engine, not a clutch smell more like a rubber type smell. (Have had all my belts replaced in the last year by Subaru)

Second, when I would start to move (the whole 25 to 50 feet at a time) my car would act as if I was not giving it enough fuel, like the feeling you get when trying to teach some one how to drive a manual, kind of a jerky chug type deal. I had to end up riding my clutch till I got the RPM's and speed high enough and it wouldn't make that awful noise and motion. (I also have had a full fuel system cleaning)

So once traffic eased up and I started going again everything seemed to return to normal and the car has been fine since.

So my question is... Has this happened to anyone else under these conditions? and What could cause this?

Thanks for any thoughts or answers!

*05 LGT limited, almost at 90k

Are you sure it wasn't someone elses car?

That happens to me more times than not. I think a smell is coming from mine, when it's actually coming from someone else on the road.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Funny you should say that. I changed lanes a few times to make sure that it was not another car I was smelling. If it was just a smell I wouldn't think a whole lot of it because like you said there is a high chance it was another car. But because of the transmission/engine being coupled with it I Wanted to look for some input.

Archived