LegacyGT.com

Need opinion on DP UP setup

05legGT

I'm running AP stage one with my 05 5MT. I love stage one but i'm ready for stage two now. A local member on here has am autospeed hfc DP for sale and an Sti UP. would this be a good setup for cobb stage two? I am still running the stock CBE and was also wondering if the autospeed DP will bolt up to it. Does anyone here have a similar setup? any opinions/input is appreciated. Also how much of a PITA is an UP DP install?

UP install really is a pain in the ass. It was my first time doing anything like that, and I removed the intercooler, turbo, and manifold. The whole thing took me about 4 hours, but I wasn't speeding. And after it was all said and done, I forgot to replace or remove the banjo bolt filter. I'm thinking about getting the AP. How noticeable of a difference was there? Worth it? I'm going to be going stage 2 within a few months after purchase. All in all, doing both the UP and DP shouldn't take you more than 3-4 hours. DP will take 30 min if you take your time and have a hand. Power tools will help the process tremendously BTW.

stage one feels so much smoother than stock. No more lower rpm hesitation and better overall power delivery. I love it. I have made up my mind to go with an autospeed dp and autospeed cat back. anyone on here have that setup and running stage 2? I dont know if I am going to tackle the up pipe sounds like a pain.

Archived