LegacyGT.com

2.5i steering wheel swap??

ruok06

Hey guys I am new to the forums, I looked all over the forums. I cant seem to figure out of 08-09 gt steering wheel with fit on stock 2.5i. If so, any one know where to get a set of gt steering wheels or any leather steering wheel ?

Yes, as /\ said above me, it has been done and i actually have a 2.5i with a leather wrapped steering wheel and audio controls working! As for where to get one, keep checking the marketplace on this forum, and ebay. Good Luck. THey usually run $80-$150!

One other word of caution though, We are assuming you want to swap an '08-'09 GT wheel to an '08-'09 2.5i, which works fine, but just a note that the '08-'09 wheel is not backward compatible with the '05-'07 cars, unless you want to replace the airbag module in the center as well, as it is a different shape. Of course I wouldn't recommend this either, as there are likely differences in the air bag, and the interface controls, which would put you at risk of it not operating properly when you need it...

Also note that the 2.5i radio will not support the Steering wheel audio controls (though the 2.5i limited radio will). You should read through this thread for more details..

~Scott

'05 Outback 2.5i Wagon

Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic

225/60HR16 Bridgestone G009's

Good call, i have my steering wheel audio controls working on an after market head unit, with a steering wheel adapter so that they can work. The 2.5i SE does not support audio controls! Also when swapping be sure to mark the wheel at center, this will casue many less headaches when putting the new one on. And the backs to the steering wheels do come off, so if you do get a spec b wheel and cannot use the SI or info buttons, they just unscrew as one unit on the plastic piece.

Go with PAC and Metra's version, to get audio controls with after market! metra's is automatic, and much nicer to install, but has been known to not get every button working. PAC is trusted, but takes longer to install, and i have heard issues with those too!

I picked up a 05 momo steering wheel off here the other day for 30 bucks shipped!

Its in great shape and came w/ +/- buttons. After I hooked it up found out those buttons control the sport shift! BONUS! hahaaha

Swapped steering wheels in about 10 minutes while sitting in a bar parking lot waiting for a friend.

Archived