LegacyGT.com

5EAT Owners: How does your car feel...

Dutchman

when you put it in drive or reverse? Mine seems to engage kind of rough. More do in reverse and especially on a hill.

Maybe this is normal as these trannys are rough by nature? Just thought I'd ask. I dont hear any abnormal noises just engages rough. If shifts damn smooth otherwise.

FWIW, my car has 24,000 miles on it.

After you put it into Park do you let go of the foot brake then apply the hand brake? Or do you hold the brakes when you put it in park then apply hand brake and release foot brake?

If you do the 1st option it could be the parking pawl releasing making the clunk sound

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

After you put it into Park do you let go of the foot brake then apply the hand brake? Or do you hold the brakes when you put it in park then apply hand brake and release foot brake?

If you do the 1st option it could be the parking pawl releasing making the clunk sound

I hold the foot brake until the car is in park. The car feels fine when I put it in park though. It only engages kind of rough when I put it in reverse and drive.

If you want to not have this feeling, do this.

Foot on brake.

Put car in Neutral.

Pull the e-brake.

Take foot off brake, the car will roll forward a couple inches.

Put car in park.

If you hold the foot on the brake when you put it in park and pull the e-brake, the car is still partially resting into the transmission because after pulling the ebrake it will still roll a bit. Make sense?

Archived