LegacyGT.com

LGT 5MT vs 02 S4 MT

Driving home from Mojave yesterday and I come across an 02 S4 so I had an open road and a chance to run up against a car that I have always loved.

Well he was in front of me to start and we played some cat and mouse....He would take off and I would give chase. We did this 3-4 times and each time it was the exact same out come. We started at about 80-85 he'd take off...I'd drop it to 4th and it would be dead even until the top of 4th where I would start to pull slightly and then in fifth I would just keep the same distance to about 120-130.

Then we lined up next to eachother and did this about 4 times. We started at about the same speed right off the bat I pulled about 1/3 of a car so that his nose was at my front door and then it stayed dead even till we shut down. Each time the outcome was about the same...a couple times he got the jump and a couple times I got the jump but It would always even out.

However it did seem that each time I would start to slightly pull on him....very slight though. I did not think that it would be such a close race.

Stock LGT with a AVO panel filter!

Yeah a K04 S4 will hand an M3 its ass, might even keep up with an M5, crazy fast. I looked into it with my S4, I think it's around $10k to do the whole job.

The K04 is not a very big turbo either. It is just a simple upgrade from the stock K03's. Im sure a K04 S4 would beat a stock LGT but i would doubt that it had enough to keep up with a M5 without a bunch of other mods. I have seen AWE Tuning's Silver Bulllet. A TT S4 that puts out ~600 hp and runs 11's all day long. And that is with full interior and everything.

it sure would be fun, anyway:

M5: 394 HP; 368 ft lb

curb weight (lbs) 4,024

k04 s4: 412 HP, 482 lb-ft

curb weight 3864 lbs

(according to APR's staged kit with k04s)

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

The ko4 isnt a big turbo yes... But it has 2 of them...

You could buy another Legacy GT for the price of a full blown K04 upgrade professionally done... It isnt so easy to change turbos in that car. Requres weeks of labor and entire front clip dissasembly. You would have an easier time swapping the motor.

Archived