LegacyGT.com

Premature failure of headlight bulbs

would that theory be to see how long it takes to lock the thread? Or, how man people chime in on how many times this topic has been rehashed? Could it possibly be to see how many views it gets w/o comments? Oh I'm so curious as to what the theory is :spin:

For the record, don't use silverstars.

If you think the short life of the H7 bulbs is limited to the Legacy, you're very mistaken. The H7 has a short life in every application as it wasn't designed to have a long life.

If you want your H7s to last longer, disable your DRLs or switch them to the fogs.

ddmtuning.com raptor V2 HID Kit will cost you less than the replacement of 2 stock bulbs a couple of times.

Make sure you get the 55watt kit, 5K or so and disable your DRL's. You'll be surprised at how much better these are than the stockers.

Not trying to start anything, but am curious as to what diableing your DRL will do about the life span of the H7. The DRL is on the 9005 high beam. At least on mine it is.

On the 05-07s the DRL module uses the low beams. I think they changed it to the highs on the 08+ for this very reason.

On the 05-07s the DRL module uses the low beams. I think they changed it to the highs on the 08+ for this very reason.

Alright, that makes sense. I thought that that may have been the case, but just had to ask so I could learn more about the cars. Now I know. Thanks.

Archived