LegacyGT.com

Bad Tranny Noise

Had the clutch replaced about two months ago, exedy kit off EBay. New disc, plate, and throwout bearing. Had it installed at a local shop who had the best price. At any rate, the clutch has chattered the whole time (even though they said they had the flywheel resurfaced) and its recently picked up a noise (thats gotten much worse) in the transmission. Started as a light grinding noise that would go away when the clutch pedal was pressed in, and come back when the pedal was out. As of this weekend the noise is MUCH louder after the car has been sitting, and requires driving the car for a few yards to really quiet down. Any suggestions, the shop is claiming no responsibility since I supplied the parts, but have agreed to look at it at least. I just can't see a bearing failing so miserable after 2K unless it wasn't put in right, additionally the chattering clutch lends me to be pretty suspicious that things were shady. What does everyone think, and any other guess as to the noise?

95 Legacy L Sedan, 5 speed (duh), 150K miles on the car, only about 2500 on the clutch, no hard driving

Archived