LegacyGT.com

Request Help_WTB

trimannovkilo

I just picked up my brother's 2005 Legacy GT from Michigan. He has custom exhaust system w/ no catalytic converters. He says I'm in need of front, up and down pipes, along with O2 sensors/temp sensor to get compliant with Texas emissions testing. (Have stock tail pipe and mufflers) Can anyone assist me on this? Seeking most economic and efficient way to deal with this. Thanks in advance!

I just picked up my brother's 2005 Legacy GT from Michigan. He has custom exhaust system w/ no catalytic converters. He says I'm in need of front, up and down pipes, along with O2 sensors/temp sensor to get compliant with Texas emissions testing. (Have stock tail pipe and mufflers) Can anyone assist me on this? Seeking most economic and efficient way to deal with this. Thanks in advance!

What you need depends on how strict tx emissions are. In ny where I live all you need to have is no codes in the computer. If they do a sniffer test there you are screwed.

The temp. sensor is in the up pipe. That has no effect on emissions and the check engine light can be fixed with a 2200 ohm resistor across the wires going to that sensor. Save your money as far as that goes.

The o2 sensor can be tricked. You can buy spacers from autozone/pepboys to move the o2 sensor out of the exhaust flow.

Again those two tricks wont do any good if they are strict with the emissions down there. Also a COBB ap or infamous tune will ignore those codes. Good luck!

well assuming he's tuned no worries about the cobb ap or infamous tune. you should find a stock downpipe and be good. you can run that for the drive down to the smog station just dont hit boost plus they do an idle test and usually 2200rpms which is preboost anyways. once youre home take the stock out and put the aftermarket back in which would take about an hour if youre handy w/tools

Archived