LegacyGT.com

2001 Acura CL type S

A co-worker of mine has 2001 Acura CL type S and he keeps trash talking and bugging me to race him ! Both cars are stock with Auto transmissions , my is a wagon . So who do think would win ? I really dont want to race him but What if I did ?

if i am not mistaken those were 3.2 L v-6's. Not sure on numbers, but i bet you walk him right off the bat, even more so if you did any sort of brake torque. But i haven't driven the auto LGT.

2001 Acura CL Type-S

3510 lbs

260 hp

0-60 in 6.84 seconds (from my calculator, auto transmission) *

0-60 in 6.57 seconds (from Edmunds, transmission unknown)

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2001/acura/cl/100000481/specs.html?tid=edmunds.u.prices.leftsidenav..6.Acura*

2005 Subaru Legacy GT wagon

3500 lbs

250 hp

0-60 in 6.23 seconds (from my calculator, auto transmission) *

0-60 in 7 seconds (from Edmunds, transmission unknown)

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/subaru/legacy/100397025/specs.html?tid=edmunds.n.prices.moreresearch.0.3.Subaru*

* - Acceleration figures are from my acceleration calculator for comparison purposes.

Conclusion... it's too close to call. ;) My calculator isn't perfect but it's even less accurate with the AWD / auto transmission combination because there's more deviation involved and it'll exaggerate the advantage of AWD.

I think he'll take you. If he's got intake and/or headers, I am pretty sure he'll take you. But it should be close.

If you get AccessPort, I'm pretty sure you'll smoke him with whatever he's got short of a supercharger.

You'll jump 1/2 car length or so on him with a good brake-torque launch.

But he'll slowly reel you in and pass you up though (probably around 60-70 mph).

Meaning, you'll get the jump, but he'll hit 60 mph BEFORE you but still probably be

a 1/4 car length back, and by 70 be a 1/4 car length in front.

The auto CL-S and TL-S cars run to 60 in low 6's

and pull better than an auto LGT will up top.

They have 260 hp and 232 tq.

7 seconds ????????? is the auto wagon really that slow? It seems alot faster than that. Now I am getting scared!

That's probably without a nice brake torque launch. Do what's been suggested. Get an AP and call it a day.

Archived