LegacyGT.com

Possible exhaust leak question....

croll326

Does an exhaust leak make noise at all RPM ranges? I just had a 16g installed and heat a whistle sound everytime the car gets around 3k RPM. I am thinking it is the turbo and not a leak. It goes away when I let off the gas.

Does it get louder as you build more boost/load/RPM. If its just at a certain RPM or over a range probably a new noise you get with the new turbo.

Did you install an uppipe or downpipe too? Could check intercooler connections. How is boost? Is it building and hoding properly? Infamous should have you hitting about 20psi by 3200rpm.

I have only drive about 20 miles so far but it seems to go away above 3500 RPM's. I am a little scared to jump on it just yet. I had an AVO TMIC, Invidia catless uppipe and ERZ catted downpipe installed and removed the EGT sensor. Used all new OEM gaskets for everything. I will push it more on my way home from work today and see what happens. Infamous said to give it about 200 miles before my first 3rd gear log.

Also, I wrapped and sprayed the DP. It it smoking and stinks. I am guessing that should go away after a few heat cycles? I used thermotec wrap and spray.

Archived