LegacyGT.com

White Smoke, Rough Idle and whatnot

Hello all, new kid on the block.

I have a VW type III fastback that has a 90 legacy 2.2l stuffed in the back.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j93/DrewBattig/0822001321.jpg

On to the problem

I changed the oil and the next day had a cloud of white smoke shoot out the exhaust. I then drove it to school (about 20 miles) and it rode rough and felt like it was missing. Come out and it will start and kick over(once) but won't idle and dies right away. Got her home and pulled the plugs and they are dry on all 4 dark but dry. I'm getting okay spark from the coil as well. The only thing is the fuel pump relay is "clicking"and getting warm which it hasn't done that before. I say fuel pump as it is the green connector correct? Oil is new, not dark and coolant is full.

Will slapping a new one in fix my problem? Are there any other symptoms that could be head gaskets that I'm missing? Any online wiring diagrams out there? I'm a newbe to the subie engine.

Thanks

-Z

Well, right now I'm searching for the wire to the warning lamp as my slab is half VW wiring and have Subie wiring. Its a tangle of wires stuffed in the trunk. I know that its a flat longer connector with 12 slots. Is it connected to anything? Once I find it then I can tap into it and see what error codes are running.

Archived