LegacyGT.com

Best mods for $200

I have $200 in subie bucks, and wanted to know what the best way to spend it was.

I was almost ready to get either the dog-guard or the homelink mirror, but was curious what you guys would spend it on.

I was thinking Group-N engine and transmission mounts might be nice, to remove some of the mechanical slop from the drivetrain, but I wasn't sold on the idea.

I was also considering front and rear endlinks, to help quiet down the "clunk" from the front of the car when going up step-bumps.

Other ideas?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

1) I'd go through fred beans parts to get what you want/need.

As for the list:

A) A better air filter? Maybe K&N/Perrin, something along those lines

B) Maybe some better brake pads, like Hawk HPS pads

And I think that's all I have for ideas. At least in that price range ;)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I was almost ready to get either the dog-guard or the homelink mirror, but was curious what you guys would spend it on.

Cool if you want it.

I was thinking Group-N engine and transmission mounts might be nice, to remove some of the mechanical slop from the drivetrain, but I wasn't sold on the idea.

Waste of money at your power level

I was also considering front and rear endlinks, to help quiet down the "clunk" from the front of the car when going up step-bumps.

There shouldn't be a clunk. Something else may be wrong.

Other ideas?

But the best bang for that amount and perhaps a tiny more, assuming you have some tools and an auto parts store to borrow a spring compressor from: Epic Engineering Springs. Those Eibach springs are incredible.

or rear sway bar (not a huge one, just a reasonable step up, such as JDM or around that size...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Everything is already synthetic.

Ill have to check things out, but nothing looked loose or anything. It just clunks up front when going up or down "step" bumps like the 2" concrete lip at the entrance to my office.

I was thinking group N mounts to reduce the significant amount of mechanical slop in the drivetrain.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

i would go with engine and trans mounts...i ordered my avo struts and sways and endlinks but hesitate to install since i am having car problems and its still failrly new..i was thinking of installing those parts after 80k along with new suspension maybe...mounts are more of a long term investment...oh wait...you have a MT...how about an AVO short throw with a nice knob?

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Just do the trans mount, no cross memeber bushings or motor mounts. Huge improvement, my car comes out of the hole like wildfire now with my spec clutch and the new mount. And you still have 110.00 bucks for something else.

Trans mount and front endlinks, maybe.

I just hate the amount of slop in the drivetrain. It's ridiculous.

Archived