LegacyGT.com

Spoiler Light is Non-Functional

I have noticed the 3rd Brake Dash Light was still hooked up even though I have a factory installed Spoiler w/ LED (of course). Well, it turns out the spoiler LED's are non-functional. I pulled the deck carpet off and checked the wiring for loose connections. Everything seemed ok. I was to tired last night to check the wiring with a multimeter. I plan to do this today.

In conjunction with the light not working the top of the spoiler has been high speed polished :mad: Does this seem fishy to anyone? Does the dealer actually install the spoiler or does it truely come off the truck installed? I have not contacted the dealer yet because I just picked the car up Friday, and my wife and I just noticed the 3rd brake light on the spoiler.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Kevin

last time I checked, mine is wired up. The wing is a dealer installed part. I'll check it again later just to be sure. I have been wrong before about little things like that (and here I thought my car had a 7000 rpm redline when really the "red" starts at 6500 rpms)..

Keefe

Keefe

I fiddled with the connection and now it is working but I think I will have the dealer check it out. Thanks for the help.

How did you go about getting to the connection for the rear dash brake light? When I took it apart last night, I noticed the connection to the light goes down under the dash. Does that mean you have to remove the whole dash to get to the connection? Thanks again.

Thanks for the help, but the LED spoiler light is out AGAIN. After having someone push the pedal in while I fiddled with the wiring, there is definitely a short in the main harness under the carpet cover on the underside of the trunk. I am taking it in hopefully Monday for the dealer to fix. That way if it is completely screwed up in some way the dealer can take full responsibility. Why can't everything work the first time? GRRRGH.

The car is still great in every other way. I just wish there wasn't this little nusiance.

Archived