LegacyGT.com

NY: Headlight Clearing Service

burnout8488

Hello folks. I've successfully cleared a couple sets of headlights and am confident in my abilities to provide this service to others. Turnaround time will be 1 day, shipped the next business day. I'm located in the Binghamton area of upstate NY. For purchasing and more information, visit my website below.

FSport 05-09 Headlight Clearing

Please feel free to ask any questions in the thread, or by PM! I'm always connected.

Thanks! :)

-Alex

SNC00278.jpg.fd3f718d67983a0cf2d830de2b5fab3b.jpg

I'm really interested in this, but having tried a couple times, I could never get the bumper pulled off. Also nervous about condensation after resealing. Have you done this on an 08?

Would you be able to do a one day turn around if I could drive down? My daughter lives in that area and it's about 2 hours from me.

I'm really interested in this, but having tried a couple times, I could never get the bumper pulled off. Also nervous about condensation after resealing. Have you done this on an 08?

Would you be able to do a one day turn around if I could drive down? My daughter lives in that area and it's about 2 hours from me.

Absolutely, anything that avoids shipping is fine by me! You'd be bringing just the headlights correct? I'm unfortunately not set up at the moment to help you with the bumper.

I've done the '05-'07 headlights - from what I've read the 08-09 only has a differently mounted amber reflector. Nothing I'm too worried about. As far as condensation, my personal headlights have been going 6 months strong with zero leaks or condensation, and I didn't even use any extra sealant on them. For customer headlights I plan on running a bead of sealant to be sure. Other than that, as long as they aren't damaged, moisture will not be an issue. They'll be sealed as good as they were from the factory, if not better.

I hate to crap on your thread but keep in mind that LightWerks only charges $60 to clear the ambers.

At the moment I'm going to stick to $85, and keep the optional services at a very low price. (Painting and squirrel shields) Keep in mind the pricing hasn't been completely finalized yet, certain things will likely be tweaked. Given that most customers would want at least one of the optional services, they'd be paying much much less than any other headlight company will offer them for.

In the future I'd like to offer a core service to eliminate downtime. You buy a set of already cleared lights from me, then ship me yours when you receive them and I refund the difference. That type of deal.

Hrm, is something different with the 08s thats keeping your bumpers stuck? Remove the 10mm nut in each fenderwell, along with all of the pop-its, then all thats left is gently prying the bumper away from the locking tabs on the fenders. After that it slides right off!

Okay, so it might involve a 'ripping' motion away from the fender, but nothing will break.

I may give it another shot, but really I need help getting the bumper off it seems. Plenty of others have done it but I swear something is still holding it on and I've checked several times that I got all fasteners out. I didn't really rip it, but I spent a hour screwing around with it after fastener removal and got nowhere. To me it seems like the fender almost has to come off to get the bumper off, but that is definitely not the case.

Hey Peter! As with the leptronix aux-in thread, vendor status is not required for a homemade service, so to speak. I did upgrade to donator status though to pay my dues =)

The bar is amazing, it added just enough subtle turn-in at the rear to put a smile on my face when I dip into a corner going entirely too fast! Definitely worth the drive through Ithaca.

As far as the headlights go, would a discount for the first customer get this ball rolling guys? ;)

I stand corrected. =] but glad the bar went on well. I had to pay for my Thule rack setup. heh. And besides my car is a lease so any under the skin mods, I can avoid for now. =P

Gonna keep my car as stock as possible for now. HID's are going on very soon. I think thats all the mods i'm ever gonna do. o wells. I think i can wait until i graduate to get a new car to mod.

back on topic, great deal for headlight clearing.!

The Leptronix creator spoke with a moderator and deemed that only donator status was required as he's selling his own product, not selling an inventory of goods from another manufacturer. I've posted the thread below. The reason I mention him is because I believe this service falls under the same category.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2524574&postcount=12

I'll PM a moderator to be sure, but I'm not trying to evade forum permissions by any means. Just going by what's been done in the past.

I'm aware of your headlight service, but you're coming off as if I don't have the same skills as you to perform this for the members. I may not offer as many services as you do, but for those not interested they can get a great deal on the basic services with minimal downtime if they're on the East coast. If anything I'd like to happily coexist with you on the forum, with you getting the added benefit of being able to post in the vendor areas! :p

Dont think it works that way.

You are not a true "home grown" vendor. Plus you are competing with forum Vendors. So, that too is against the rules.

Leptronix and a few others are selling products they make. You are offering a service. It is different.

I probably do have skills you dont as I was trained by a professional. I also have a ton more experience and have done all years and several different cars, trucks, etc. At least 10 members are already driving around with lights I cleared or modified. I also offer a guarantee on my services. My turn around is 24 hours as well.

Good luck to you. But I think you need to pay for the right to advertise first. My prices would be lower too if I had no overhead. But I am a fully licensed business.

Making assumptions about my skill level isn't getting this thread anywhere, I refuse to make a jab at your business/pricing/skill in your thread as it's in poor taste. I don't have the reputation you do here - this was an attempt to build it and get the experience under my belt just as you have. Just because I'm new to this service doesn't mean it wouldn't turn out a quality product. My assumptions about vendor requirements were not in an attempt to steal business.

I will talk to Tide. Thank you for the heads up. Worst case scenario, I get to edit my title and have a black username on my posts. 8-)

Archived