LegacyGT.com

Brake line help

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace a busted brake line on the passenger rear.

The lines go under the back seat, through the floor, into a lil box and disappears above the gas tank.

I can't tell which is which, anyone have a diagram or an easier solution?

I've searched for a diagram everywhere and can't seem to find one...even in the manual.

Thanks in advance guys!

just do what i did, Patch start under the seat and then go past the box where the line is the nicest. The box is only what it looks like just a spot for it to rust really bad. The lines just go strait through so the one coming in on the left can just splice to the one going out on the left side and visa~versa

Ok...took a closer look underneath...it's completely rotted on both sides of that lil box..

Now, I guess I'll just run a new line, from inside the car (under back seat) to each caliper hose, could you tell me which one goes to which?

I'll guess the line under the back seat which is closet to the outside of the car goes to the right, and vice-versa?

For anyone who searches for this:

On the drivers side under the seat, the line closest to the door (outside line) is for the drivers side, and vice-versa.

I ran a new line direct from the backseat, one to each caliper, skipping the lil rusty box. The line to the drivers side I ran in the car under the back seat and poked a hole in the spare slot in the fuel line grommet.

I replaced all the brakes with Mountain Rotors and PBR pads...bled the brakes and it is now amazing...the rotor/pad upgrade is awesome.

Archived