LegacyGT.com

new 3,0 R fr

domphz

Got my new outback yesterday here in france. Very rare in this country.

Have also navigation system, it is std in france. unfortunatelly, radio does not read MP3.

Bought also the sub bike rack, very usefull

I have posted few pictures. I am driving also a porsche Carrera 4. Engine behavior not the same as sub but the outback is still one of the best cars in my opinion

Cheers

there's a dead cat in your driveway... :)

nice jekyll too, how did you decide on a hitch rather than roof rack?

oh...one more question, for the navigation system, it is DVD based? Where is the dvd unit located in the car?

It's berlioz my cat, he is sleeping, he likes also to sleep inside the porsche!!

Too much noise in my opinion with the roof rack and i also use from time to time a roof Thule cargo case

It's a DVD based, Kenwood touch screen system , very fast, have whole Europe on it, it's located in glove box, very small unit. I will take tomorrow some more pictures of it . I guess this will come std in 2006 us models

Looks like a single zone climate control set up....

Nice pictures, Domphz!

Yep, and I would gladly siwtch to that. Most of the time I'm by myself in the car and having to adjust two knobs everytime is a pain. Especially since I have to change the temperature setting when the system switches from foot vents to dash vents. Anything that simplifies this system would be a good thing in my book.

Plus it's not a true dual-zone system, there is only one temperature sensor, on the driver's side.

It's a single zone system, very usefull, you just have to turn the knob for temperatue and push it for auto or manual mode.

In my opinion dual zone is just a marketing trick, does not make sense to have two zone of temperature in a small car enclosure.

The roof rail choice is linked to the driving speed her in Eu, must faster than in the us and noise is a concern with the Us roof stuff.

I will in two weeks time travel to Frankfurt and test the speed of the car, Must go over 235/240 km/hour. i will let you know

Congratulations to your Outback 3.0R!

Last Sunday I did 240 km/h in my Legacy Wagon 3.0R. Didn't have enough free autobahn to try if it even goes more ... By the way, this was on the A5 near to Frankfurt! So there is a road you can try it. But around Frankfurt there is always a lot of traffic.

So enjoy your car!

Archived