LegacyGT.com

ECU got fried..2nd time! LEMON?

tocinoman25

I have an 09 legacy 2.5i SE a few months back and at 35k miles my car stutters and shuts down. gauges go crazy, temp goes all the way to hot even though it wast overheating and then the code error HC pops up and the car wont restart...i kept my cool, i was just a little shocked my subaru would shut down...so i called roadside and got it towed to mid-city subaru in chicago...they said it was a loose wire in the ECU and replaced it with no problem. One of my friends is a mechanic at another subaru dealer and told me HC hat to do with the cam/timing? but midcity said it was electrical...knowing my car had issues before i hit 36k i purchased an extended warranty...and just the other day..my car stutters again, gauges go crazy and sure enough wont start up, error code HC again? WTF! unbelievable, i cant believe this, almost home from school and dies down on me. call roadside, get it towed to mid-city and they diagnosed it that the ECU was fried....I was a little upset that it wasnt fixed the first time...Has this happened to any of you legacy owners? My thoughts were i have a bad apple...or can it be the poor engineering of the cabin filter being near the ecu and condensation builds up there if the filter is dirty....mine is due for a DIY filter change...cuz i will not pay $100 for a small job like that....The tow truck guy said i should contact SOA and maybe even BBB and complain...the sad thing is that i have all these parts to install and glad i have been so busy to even install them...im worried my car is going to be unreliable and happen a 3rd time...any suggestions/comments are welcome...

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Archived