LegacyGT.com

my mechanics having trouble please help??

I have a 2005 legacy limited with 68k miles black 5speed loaded. motor went bad. took to mechanic to change, tried to have rebuilt but ring broke and gouged cyclinder too deep to rebuild. I then ordered used engine with 50k or less miles. They didn't end up having one after I paid for it, so they sent me a rebuilt motor:) however when it was put in it smoked badly & the motor company covered engine but not labor. they supplied replacement engine, figured I'd get another rebuilt one but recieved a used one with 55k miles on this one. Mechanic hooked up 2 days ago and still cannot get spark to start motor. He replaced 2 tan modules on engine (sorry can't remember names of them right now) from the rebuilt running engine. Checked & reattached ground, cleaned all connections. says he's getting power to coil but none after. he's thinking of replacing coil? Does this sound like problem? I don't want to keep spending money on maybe's?? last engine run when put in just smoked badly. Any Ideas??:confused: Hope someone has ideas been 2 months without my favorite wheels! Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Joe

The EJ253 is pretty simple, there isn't much that goes on in it. Have pulled and replaced 3 motors of the same variety this summer.

my recommendation is to probably bring it to another mechanic... honestly, that can figure it out.

Thanks FLlegacy, I didn't know you could have electrical parts tested! Will try that. Thanks jton for information. Yes this is 3rd mechanic so far. Rest of story is too long and boring to go into. Will just need to pay extra cash to dealer I guess. Living in the sticks not many foreign car mechanics around. Will post status of this weeks progress!

Thanks again,

Joe

Archived