LegacyGT.com

Is it leather or vinyl??

I hauled all my daughters stuf up to college in my 08 LGT. All went well even with every cubic inch filled to the max. While moving into the dorm we discovered she needed a dorm fridge. Found one but the box wouldn't fit in the trunk or back seat, Took it out of the box and squeezed it in the back seat. Yikes!:eek: I gouged the f****** door panel either getting the fridge in or out. Needless to say, I freeked:spin:. Is the door trim leather like the seats, or is it some imitation leather? Next question is can it be repaired? I'll appreciate any Help. Thanks.

So it's not Corinthian leather or even Naugahyde vinyl. I loved the way Ricardo Montalban said " Rich Corinthian Leather " in those 70's commercials for Chysler cars.

I still need to know short of taking it to a shop if anyone tried and succeeded to repair these small rips or gouges with some kit they came accross by chance.

Thanks to everyone who so far contributed to my query. Keep them coming.

Even though a shop would probably make you bend over in terms of price, it's going to be a far better, prettier, and more permanent fix than any $20 "As-seen-on-TV" mend. But I guess it's all about what you are looking for.

I had a similar problem in my old 1995 Dodge Intrepid, and the kit that I used was adhesive based. Not only did it smell awful, but it was clearly noticeable that there was once a gash in my door. It's like an ugly scar. A shop will put new color match material on it to make it look basically brand new.

So it's not Corinthian leather or even Naugahyde vinyl. I loved the way Ricardo Montalban said " Rich Corinthian Leather " in those 70's commercials for Chysler cars.

I still need to know short of taking it to a shop if anyone tried and succeeded to repair these small rips or gouges with some kit they came accross by chance.

Thanks to everyone who so far contributed to my query. Keep them coming.

corinthian leather. lol!

naugahyde? even more lols!

Archived