LegacyGT.com

A couple UP/DP questions

blongo804

I'm still in the learning process here so my questions might pop up out of no where and may also be dumb, but here goes.

1.) If I go catless uppipe and get the resistor, how does the fuel trim adjust? My father is a mechanic and he's just wondering if something would change or if the ECU would respond itself.

2.) If I go catted DP + the UP, do I NEED a tune? What if I can't get one right away? I plan on going INFAMOUS tune.

Thanks in advance!

I'm still in the learning process here so my questions might pop up out of no where and may also be dumb, but here goes.

1.) If I go catless uppipe and get the resistor, how does the fuel trim adjust? My father is a mechanic and he's just wondering if something would change or if the ECU would respond itself.

2.) If I go catted DP + the UP, do I NEED a tune? What if I can't get one right away? I plan on going INFAMOUS tune.

Thanks in advance!

1) The car will be fine with out the first cat and the resistor.

2) Aftermarket catted dp may throw a code because they flow faster. You can space out the O2 sensor to trick the car to not throw a code. You can run the car without a tune but I wouldn't wait too long.

Car does not adjust fuel trim off EGT sensor. Resistor works to stop the CEL caused by the missing sensor. You are just keeping it happy and within range by using a resistor.

There are mechanical fixes to stop the CEL caused by the cats over efficiency (down pipe). However, you will not stop the overboost issue and if you decide to "get on it" without a tune, your engine will blow. It is just a matter of time.

I HIGHLY recommend a tune from Infamous1.

Archived