LegacyGT.com

Seat mounting points

Yeah they r prolly different.... I think I read somewhere where the 07 seats wouldnt fit in the 05 models and the guy that was doing it had all kinds of problems...but I guess u could always fab up a bracket so the seats would bolt down properly. Mite need to change out the seatbelts too.

Rear seats will be a lot different. The 05 did not have folding rear seats, just a pass through slot in the middle where the arm rest is. So you would have to deal with the latches and latch points. I'm sure there are a few other difference, but I don't know them off the top of my head.

It would also help to know if you're swapping 05 seats into your 09 or 09 seats into an 05. Because some of the issues might be moot point depending on which way you're swapping.

It's cool; I'm with the band

05-11+ legacy/outback and 08+WRX/STI front seat bolt-up points i believe are the same.

05-06 legacy rears are unique since they are not folding. 07-09 are the same as they are folding. someone here put 07-09 rear foling seats in a 05-06 legacy but the locking mechanism for the rear seatbacks did not transfer over. that thread is around here somewhere.

Archived