LegacyGT.com

HID's

Bear

So on the way to the gym and back vie noticed that the lights are randomly flickering. Not a lot. But enough for me to notice. How do I fix this? I've got a 55w kit from DDM.

To give this a bump, I noticed it again last night after I went out.

I have a 35w slim ballast kit from DDM and I love it. No flickering or any other issues. I had a full size kit before and the ballasts were harder to hide and started to rust a little. The slim kit is all powder coated black and they seem more refined and like a better made product to me.

I went with 6k, any higher and it become very hard to see at night, esp in the rain. I had 8k before and while they looked cool it was very hard to see.

I would go with 35w, 55w will probably blind people and you will definitely need a wire harness.

I'd stick with 5000k or lower. I chose 500k because there's no blue in the color and they'll attract less attention because of that.

I have 5k, 55w w/ slim ballasts in both the lows and fogs. Have had the lows for almost 2 years and the fogs for about a year and a half. Lows are still running the original bulbs that came with the kit(!) as are the fogs, but my drivers side fog just died this past weekend. Haven't inspected bulb vs ballast yet.

Lows have a harness, fogs don't.

Got mine from ddm tuning.

FYI: The 3500k bulbs won't fit inside the fogs. The caps were too shallow. ;)

Archived