LegacyGT.com

ignition switch woes!!

fool4snow

i have a 2000 legacy L m/t. i am replacing my ignition switch due to the old had siezed up. i got a new ignition switch from the dealer and verified with vin # ( so im pretty sure this is the right one). everything is connected, as far as wires go, and switch is connected to steering column properly. when i insert my key with my door open i get my open door bell ding, so it seems there is some signal be sent from the new switch. but i do not get any cluster lights nor does the radio get power when i turn my key to the on position and obviously it also will not start. do i need to reset the computer or something, is there a step i missed or does it sound like i screwed something up?? i dont get it, any help???

the only reason i am changing this part is because my old one was siezed up, it would not turn. my new one key works fine but seems to be something wrong with electrical. electrical side of the old one is still working fine to my knowledge. looks very simple to swap these things out ( 1 screw in the back side of the cylinder). do you think this would help???

Archived