LegacyGT.com

Local machine shop (press) for LCA swap

TurboBrett

I need to switch out my front rear lower control arm bushings and it calls for a press, which I don't have handy in my garage. Anybody know a good place in cedar park or nearby with a press? preferably open on Saturdays as well...

thanks!

-Brett

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

trebien, I used soulspeed to do mine; they are off Burnet just north of 183. $42.50 after tax to press out all four LCA bushings and push in two new rears (the new fronts I can do with a rubber mallet).

Went with whiteline for all 4 LCA bushings. The rears are the adjustable caster bushings.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up with an update on my experience with SoulSpeed since I mentioned them in my previous post.

I ended up getting tires and an alignment from them later after having the bushing pressed out/in.

The day after the tire install and alignment I heard some loud noises from the drivers side rear of my car and thankfully discovered two free spinning lug nuts, along with all of the lug nuts on my car needing to be torqued. My wheel was well on it's way to coming off. Their mechanic (collin) completely forgot to torque down the wheels at all, he only spun them down so they are seated. Pretty serious rookie mistake in my opinion.

Also, Despite the alignment taking less time then they had planned for they will still charge extra if you have adjustable caster bushings like the whiteline LCA rear bushings which wasn't that much of a surprise.

Other than that everything went OK and my alignment seems good as expected. Can't say I'll be going back there though.

Thanks for the update... and, er... useful information.

If it makes you feel any better, Discount Tire forgot to torque down the locking lugnuts on my Mini Cooper a few months ago when I got new tires... lost 2 of them... but they ordered a new set and ate the cost.

Still haven't replaced the bushings... how do you like the Whitelines? I only need front at this point... don't want too much harsher ride... but better handling is always a nice upside. I know a few companies make replacements, and I don't think the OEM bushings will last...

Archived