LegacyGT.com

Windshield Question

ADirtyLegacy

so as my luck would have it, im driving to work this morn and a truck kicks up a rock and it chips my windshield, alot worse than my other "close calls". it's not/hasn't spydered, and i don't think it will. is there anything you can do for a chip or am i just stuck with it? :mad:

Kenda

They can fill it so it doesn't spread more....but you will still notice it. I say let it get bigger then replace.

I got one last week right in my view....drives me nutz. But for my insurance the rule is. I chip (spider) has to be bigger then a quarter to be replace, and a crack almost the size of a dollar....

I almost wanna throw something at it....but can't bring myself to hit my car, or fraud my insurance.....=)

yeah i've had one filled be4 on my old car, but it was deeper than this. it's right above my direct line of sight for driving, but i can still see it. it's gonna drive me bonkers!! i'll have to check with insurance to see about replacement, but i know its not as big as a quarter.

Kenda

They can fill it so it doesn't spread more....but you will still notice it. I say let it get bigger then replace.

I got one last week right in my view....drives me nutz. But for my insurance the rule is. I chip (spider) has to be bigger then a quarter to be replace, and a crack almost the size of a dollar....

I almost wanna throw something at it....but can't bring myself to hit my car, or fraud my insurance.....=)

I thought if there was a chip that is in the normal viewing "zone" of the driver, it had to be replaced. On an older car, I had a chip just slightly outside this "zone" and they would only repair it. If it had been a couple inches lower, they would have had to replace the windshield. Not sure if it was an insurance rule or a state/county law. Check into a little more to make sure.

-S

Archived