LegacyGT.com

Gas tank - need replacement

When replacing fuel pump, noticed that my gas tank was completely rusted inside. It sat for about a year and a half before I got it, so...

Just wondering if anyone could help me source a good replacement for my 4WD Wagon... I've tried all salvos around here with no luck.

I'm in Eastern OK

Well, I deliver mail and it's my only vehicle, so "it's a trap!" haha

In doing my own research, I've read that the tank sealant takes a week to dry - I just can't wait that long.

Why Subaru didn't put in a good plastic or pre-sealed-on-the-inside tank for an "all road" vehicle is beyond me. Then again, I haven't seen the inside of alot of others' tanks either...

Maybe I can get someone to open 'er up and Line-X or Rhino coat the sunofagon!

Oh my yes why would they leave them virgin like that? Even some sort of coat would have saved it from the fuel-filter-a-week punchcard club

Maybe just hire a car and just reverse through the route? Just a thought ;)

Good luck on getting it sorted, maybe fill it up and add a litre of Marvel, I've heard that stuff is good on neutralising whatever bugs are about in the fuel tank

D

maybe fill it up and add a litre of Marvel, I've heard that stuff is good on neutralising whatever bugs are about in the fuel tank

D

Would that be Marvel Mystery Oil?

I think I've got it, still waiting for lazy salvo monkeys to pull a tank...

If not, I'll have to drive an hour away and shell out $100, which is pretty cheap compared to other out of state yards' prices - actually, by 1/3. I could probably get a new one from Subaru for $300 :lol:

Marvel is good stuff, works a treat on cars that have been "on vacation" or have fuel issues, recently saved an old SAAB 900S 16V that was seized, poured most of a litre down each pot and voila! 7 days later it turned over and runs well for a car with the engine in backwards

D

tI've heard the same (rejuving a locked engine) for this stuff in a spay can called "Micro Mist" that's made in TX (Micro-Mist, Inc. PO Box 1281 Ennis, TX 75120 Ph#: (972) 875-8995) and it's pretty hard to find - found at a "Parts Plus" store here in the Midwest for about $6 a can. It's used mainly in oilfield work, so it's a *much* better alternative to WD-40 if not most or all of the spray penetrant/lubes you can find.

Curious by what a "pot" is... could that also mean "cylinder"?

Archived