LegacyGT.com

QBert and Z-Trip scratched my Headlight!

DirtyDirtyHouse

Waaaaaaa. My headlights look like crap and I can't get rid of the hazy funky supersmall minute gouged yes I'm scratched look at me lower cloudylook.:spin: Instead of eyelids I need something for the white "bags" under my headlights. Any suggestions gurus?? Any miracle cures aside of new headlight purchase?? Tried creams, 2000 grit paper, tapioca pudding. Nothing seems to work. (and "yes" the orange turnsignal lens doesn't help appearances either)

lens.thumb.jpg.4a42919d99cfc22d4ebd388c2f730eb6.jpg

that's easy to get out. Its just oxidation. you can get all kinds of restoration kits for less than or ~$20. You also can't just use 2000grit as you have to start with rougher surface first like a 300 wet, 600 wet, then 2000 wet to finish and then of course polish it back out again with like a 3m rubbing compound or Meguirs Plastix.

2nd!! did this to our passat...amazed me that it came out completely clear...and they were completely fogged (i.e. dangerous to drive at night)

might want to take out the headlight, though...i double taped, and still took some clear coat off the vw when i spun off the light :spin:

sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes...well, he eats you

Archived