LegacyGT.com

Whaaaaaaaaa! What's with all the whining?

Guest *Jedimaster*

Guest *Jedimaster*
Why is everyone on the boards all pissy about the bumpers on the new Legacy? I think they look nice! Everyone is bitching about that and a few other things. Whaaaaaa- no navigation available. Whaaaaaaa- No HID headlights. Whaaaaa- no telescoping steering wheel. Geez people- look at the huge step the Legacy took! I never would have bought one of the old ones, but the new ones are absolutley awesome!

I haven't heard too much whining. Has there been a bout recently. Ovbiously there are going to be a lot of people bitching about the bumpers, just get use to that. I have been hearing about the bumpers for 5 months now. I have tuned it out. As far as the telescoping wheel, I just don't understand this. Maybe the disproportioned people whose legs are three times longer than thier arms are the ones griping. Subaru is known for it's excellent driving positions so I doubt that the Legacy will be any different. The nav I don't care about simply because I wouldn't want it anyway.

Yea, the bumper whiners pretty much gave up about 4 weeks ago. Navigation is still going relatively strong. The HID folks and Telescoping steering wheel (a feature I thought was stupid until I tried it in a Mazda 6 ... I actually really like it!) is pretty quiet as well. It just seems these are things people who review it list as 'nit picks' because it is about the only negative thing most have to say about the vehicle! This is a goooood thing. -Allen

Guest *Jedimaster*
^^^werd^^^ I remember the older Cadillac's with telescoping steering wheels- some Vettes too, I think. I never found it to be a particularly useful option.

I don't think they're even whining over at NASIOC any longer, but I haven't been there in a long time. Now that people have the cars and are raving about them, the "crabs in a barrel" thing (one tries to climb out...the others pull him back down) has gone by the wayside. There hasn't been very much whining here at all, which has been very nice. There's been the odd HID or navigation thing, but even those threads haven't seen any enlivening in quite a while. Kevin

I wouldn't say that our bumpers look much nicer, but I would say that they don't deter from the look of the car at all. On the wagon, I like the longer rear bumper for when I have to take a seat to change shoes or somthing. I do prefer the look of the JDM front bumper but it's nothing to get into a tizzy about. There is no way that I am going to get anything but what is offered so there is no reason to get upset. I love the way the new Leg's look. I can't wait to get mine.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']Blame B4. He's the ungrateful whiner! :P I always liked the JDM bumper better. Just my personal opinion. Opens up a big market for aero and such. If you like the USDM bumpers then good for you![/quote] What? You had to do some work today or something? It will definitely be interesting to see people try to retrofit the JDM facia to the front of the USDM cars. I think that if it works smoothly that you might see quite a few people do it. I personally like the Spec-B front myself. There is something about it that is sporty yet understated. Just my opinion.

[quote name='jedimaster'] Whaaaaaa- no navigation available. [/quote] I'm guilty, but realized I had a few options, like 1) wait till it comes out here in the US and have it retro-fitted, 2) get the screen unit from JDM and hook it up to a 3rd party US navi/dvd unit that I'll have installed in the glove box, or finally just not do the navi at all. - Mike

How's this for whining? Why don't we get the same cloth seats that they get in Japan? Is SOA afraid that American's won't like tasteful, sporty looking cloth seats? [img]http://www.carview.co.jp/express_new/legacy2/images/index/4_l.jpg[/img]

[quote name='SC GT']BTW, can you tell if this is silver or is it "Urban Gray Metallic"? [img]http://www.carview.co.jp/express_new/legacy2/images/index/3_l.jpg[/img][/quote] Jeez, I would have to guess that's the urban metallic and not silver. It's a damn nice looking color whatever it is. Oh, and I do like those cloth seats very much! They look nice. Anyone have a side by side with the USDM and JDM version seats>

[quote name='SC GT']How's this for whining? Why don't we get the same cloth seats that they get in Japan? Is SOA afraid that American's won't like tasteful, sporty looking cloth seats? [img]http://www.carview.co.jp/express_new/legacy2/images/index/4_l.jpg[/img][/quote] [whine]why don't we get these!!!!11?!?!11[/whine]

[quote name='Drift Monkey']Blame B4. He's the ungrateful whiner! :P I always liked the JDM bumper better. Just my personal opinion. Opens up a big market for aero and such. If you like the USDM bumpers then good for you![/quote] BLAME B4??? OKAY DM! I love my Legacy. Did you see my latest write up?? The car is awsome. It does needs some tweeks though. My SS came in and will be installed on Monday. I made one thread about MINOR QUIBBLES..AND YOU CALL ME A INGRATE... yikes! Harsh man! I gave up a RX8 for the leg..and I ain't looking back. But, check out my thread on the RX8 forum. [url]http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31574[/url]

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']"That second shot makes it look like a ford taurus" :lol::lol: You got some props though! Very cooL![/quote] Yeah I ignored that guy..Taurus my anus.. :evil: Here is my last write up on the Leg.. B4, are you saying its a big reach? The WRX has the track select on the passenger side also, but it isn't a particularly long reach (I wear a 34" sleeve length shirt). Also, have you felt the STi short shifter yet? I'm curious as to what people who have the opportunity to experience both feel about the comparo. A friend got the shorty, I didn't, based on the comments of others about the gearbox feel. Kevin No I do not have th STI SS yet, it was supposed to be in when I got the car, but of course it wasn't. But, I know the parts rep and I am sure he will get it here rather quickly for me. The gear box is not the best. needs some work, but I am coming from RX8 close ratio 6 speed..so its not even a comparison. Its gets the job done. But, the beuty is the duel mass fly wheel. The car is soooooo easy to shift and it doesn't force you to quicly shift too keep the rev's from dropping as my RX did. Its a pleasnt suprise becuase it is soooo smooth. The Quibble with the stereo contols is that the track up and down should be closer to the driver. But, I will get used to it. B4... what about throttle hang? Do revs drop immediately when you lift? My POS Contour (and 3-series BMW's) do this when you lift for emissions purposes... you lift at say, 2,500 RPM and the engine "hangs" the throttle for a second, at which point the wonderful engine management "allows" you to decellerate. I hate that. And I was wondering if Subie's exhibit that behavior. Most cars don't, which is good. Due to the fly wheel, revs are slow to drop. Wich will make heal toe sooo much nicer. And no, I do not notice throttle lag. The car wants to go as soon as you engage. The car loves to rev and keeping it under four grand will be a test of patience. Man VS Legacy..who will win. I have about 90 miles on the car, and I have showed it to my co-workers and family. I have not heard a negetive coment yet. They remember my old 2001 Legacy, and they compare it to the 05..and say they can tell the diffrence. Subaru realy did their home work. Most people ask me if this car is faster than my RX8. I say, I have about 500 more miles to go before I can realy tell you. But, when I pop the hood and show the engine people start to grin. And so do I. But, personaly I won't be satisfied until I have a shorter shifter, in throw and in actual hight. Its not visualy pleaseing. The tires have to go..I won't have them on the car much longer, but visualy 18's would complement the car well..but I want to keep the car light with the 17inchers. But, I will be upgradeing the tires to Potenza RE750s. On the higway a big old grin came to my face when I had the climet contol on, and was in 5th gear and under 4k RMP and the engine still pulled hard under load.. Very impressive. I could not imagine if I have had it broken in with the AC off..and able to get it above 4k.. I want to see some dyno numbers and 0-60 times. B4_Maniac

[quote name='B4_Maniac']BLAME B4??? OKAY DM! I love my Legacy. Did you see my latest write up?? The car is awsome. It does needs some tweeks though. My SS came in and will be installed on Monday. I made one thread about MINOR QUIBBLES..AND YOU CALL ME A INGRATE... yikes! Harsh man! I gave up a RX8 for the leg..and I ain't looking back. But, check out my thread on the RX8 forum. [url]http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31574[/url][/quote] The ":P" means something you know. :lol:

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='B4_Maniac']BLAME B4??? OKAY DM! I love my Legacy. Did you see my latest write up?? The car is awsome. It does needs some tweeks though. My SS came in and will be installed on Monday. I made one thread about MINOR QUIBBLES..AND YOU CALL ME A INGRATE... yikes! Harsh man! I gave up a RX8 for the leg..and I ain't looking back. But, check out my thread on the RX8 forum. [url]http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31574[/url][/quote] The ":P" means something you know. :lol:[/quote] Its all good! SS goes in on Monday!! YEAAAH!

Archived