LegacyGT.com

New exhaust set up and now rattleing?

Kw521

I recently got a new exhaust set up on my car. I noticed whenever I drive at a lower speed or just starting off I hear a very annoying rattle. Yesterday I popped my hood and noticed that the turbo heat shield was the culprit. Is it because I have an aftermarket DP that it is doing it? Or do I just simply need to tighten the heat shield?

Could be..you may need to bend or cut the shield in the area of interference..when I first read your title, I was thinking it might be more towards the rear of the car like mine. I have rallitek bars and rear swaybar reinforcements and the inlet pipe (bend) leading into the rear can on my Magnaflow system was interfering with the bigger bar...I guess my point is that if you still have some rattles after adjusting this heatshield, you may want to get the car up on stands and just give the whole system a look-see. There's a number of shields and such under the car that could be potentially other culprits. My rattle was at very low (starting off) speeds as well.

Good luck. I know this stuff can be really annoying!

- Allen.

Ill have to check that out thanks. I popped the hood again today and looked to see what was making the noise. Im almost 90% sure its the turbo heat shield. After it cooled down I was able to move it around quite easy. So It looks like I needs to be tightened.

Archived