LegacyGT.com

help needed - parking lights stuck on and car won't start

Hello,

Friend's 2005 Subaru Legacy GT went to car wash today. Tonight, neighbor alerted that parking lights were on. Parking lights will not turn off, car will not start (no noise when key is turned). Remote cannot lock or unlock doors. However, AC and interior lights work.

I asked friend to check the switch above the steering column for the parking lights, but if that drained the battery the AC and lights would not still be working,and it seems that the car would at least make some noise when attempts to start it are made.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I did try searching.

Did they wash the engine compartment? Either way, I'd just tell your friend to disconnect the negative bettery terminal (10mm wrench or socket) and let it sit overnight or throughout the next day to dry everything out. Water must have gotten in something to cause that.

Did they wash the engine compartment? Either way, I'd just tell your friend to disconnect the negative bettery terminal (10mm wrench or socket) and let it sit overnight or throughout the next day to dry everything out. Water must have gotten in something to cause that.

it was a pretty thorough wash (not just an automatic one) so that is possible. thanks

thanks again. problem solved by AAA jumping it. apparently the light switch was half-on or something and "sometimes when the battery is half-drained on these cars they start acting weird for security reasons." not so sure about that, but take it for what it's worth.

Archived