LegacyGT.com

How long should I put up with it?

BAC5.2

My OBXT has about 25k on it. I got it almost a year ago to the day (actually something like August 17th, 2009).

Since new, it's had a bad rattle in the sunroof area.

I ignored it for a while, but it finally started driving me mad.

The car has been to one dealer twice, and another dealer (the purchasing dealer) 3 or 4 times.

The first dealer said it was fixed, did nothing the second time. The second dealer said "it doesn't make noise", then I took the service adviser for a ride and he said "wow, that's singing like a canary". They tried to fix it, no dice. Tried again, rattle came right back.

So, what do I do?

The dealer is about an hour from the house, and I have to take a day off of work to take the car in (work is an hour plus from the dealer, and an hour from home. Leave the house at 7am to get to the dealer at 8, don't get to work until 9:30 or so, then have to leave work at 3 to get to the dealer at 4 and get home by 5:30).

What happens if they can't fix it AGAIN?

The car has also had the steering wheel replaced (which may need to be replaced again pending member input), the brake booster has been replaced, and it looks like the clutch master cylinder is going to have to be replaced.

Since I got the car, I'd imagine it's probably made about 12 trips to the dealer, or more.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have, literally, no time to pull the headliner out of the car and fix it myself.

I'm not *really* taking a day off of work, I'm working remotely. Still a PITA.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I had a bad sunroof rattle as well. I was able to fix it with some 2-sided tape. What was rattling in my case was the silver side rails. They would move outwards and cause a squeek/rattle. If you look at them from above with the sunroof open, you will notice there is no support behind them, just an empty space. I put a few pieces of 2-sided tape behind the rails and that solved the problem. It has been raining here for like 4 days, I will post some pics if people are interested.
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

PICS PLEASE!

Mine is rattling behind the sunroof control panel. It rattled the whole way to the dealer, and they just told me that it didn't make a peep on their test drive.

When you push up on the panel, it quiets down *a bit*.

I'm wondering if the sunroof control panel needs to be replaced...

Archived