LegacyGT.com

Idle issues 2.2

So is there any additional PM I can do or cleaning that would smoothe the idle?

I've sorted out all the injectors and replaced the plugs, checked all the vacuum lines and adjusted the idle screw to spec and I still have a loping uneasy idle at stop-lights

1990 Legacy LS AWD 2,2l

Any IAC or similar that I need to pull and clean?

D

i smoothed out my idle today by changing the fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter, oil change, plug wires and seafoam. You can clean the throttle plate with some carb cleaner. Sometimes can make a big diff. I need to adjust the idle screw still. Most times an uneasy idle is from vacuum leak (i know ya checked). See if you can hear a hissing and isolate it. Sometimes thats where a leak could be you might have missed. You can use some rubber fuel hose as a stethoscope to listen a little better.

Possible intake gasket leaking? Just picked up my 90 l wagon sunday. Not sure what parts have more problems on this car yet. Hope some of this might help you.

Spraying WD40 or so at suspect points may give an indication.

But another reason for lumpy idle is if the ignition timing is incorrect. It may be a good thing to check it so it isn't too early. Camshaft timing may also be a culprit, and the ignition timing is controlled by a sensor at one camshaft.

453747.png

Archived