LegacyGT.com

Best OTS AP Map?

Al Thomson

if i want to pay $150 who supports the best map

I'm not sure what you're talking about here...are you talking about a custom map loaded via the AP?

Cobb's OTS maps are free. So if you already have an AP you don't have to pay more. Unless you go with a custom map. But in that case you're better off selling the AP, buying a tactrix cable, and getting an e-Tune from Logan.

theres no best, i picked the tuner that was close to me.... mike from tuning alliance.

x2. The "best map" is the map that's custom made for your car.

When I was running a Cobb Stg2 map and was able to start logging, I found knock all over the place. Now i'm running a much safer tune, and putting down much more power. And for less $$

if i want to pay $150 who supports the best map

That's not an OTS "Off The Shelf" map, that's what's called an "e-tune" or tune you get sent to you via electronic mail from a tuner.

Said tuners usually ask for a list of your modifications and will also make adjustments if you send back logs so it's more of a "semi-custom" tune.

Obviously a dyno or road tune is ideal but this is, as others have shown, a better option than COBB's canned tunes which have to be overly conservative to account for cars driven all over the country in various conditions from sea level to the high altitude of the rockies.

Cheers!

mike from tuning alliance is the mother ******* man!

just did a few runs today to see what i was putting down and i got 240whp and 275wtq

may not sound like alot but this was a super low reading dyno.

cars that went up there for reference were 3 sti's all stage 2 were reading low 260's with similar torque 270-280

a 20g lgt hit low 300 tq 290whp at 19-20psi so in short not bad for a 120k mile vf40!

the car pulls like a bat out of hell!

(all these cars dynoed higher elsewhere a true heartbreaker )

Archived