LegacyGT.com

LGT featured in R&T's SPEED Magazine

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(Sarcasm hat on)

Yeah I suppose your right Bruno, Private messaging is just too much work.

;)

I didn't mean to direct this comment toward anyone in particular. I just wanted some swinging d1ck in the field to...maybe I should respond via PM. ;)

(Sarcasm hat off)

I may have missed it in an early post, but what hasn't been mentioned is they also added lowering springs to the "Speed" car (in addition to the sway bars and wheel/tire upgrade). I'm sure that was a factor in the excellent skidpad numbers...

No, apparently they are just fine, as long as you drive within their limits :lol:

I think my Yokohamas on my Kia had a higher limit than these shitty excuses for tugboat padding.

http://www.maritimeusa.com/photos/tugboat.gif

I'm pricing out to see what's a good M+S tire with good life and also excellent grip in both the dry and the wet.

- Mike

I think my Yokohamas on my Kia had a higher limit than these shitty excuses for dock padding.

I'm pricing out to see what's a good M+S tire with good life and also excellent grip in both the dry and the wet.

- Mike

Be sure to look at the Pirelli PZero-Nero M+S. Excellent for the $

I may have missed it in an early post, but what hasn't been mentioned is they also added lowering springs to the "Speed" car (in addition to the sway bars and wheel/tire upgrade). I'm sure that was a factor in the excellent skidpad numbers...

And sway bars.

So, stickier tires, lowered/stiffer suspension, and sway bars easily equals .91g

on a skidpad with our car.

BUT, unless this SPEED magazine did a stock tests (acceleration, braking, handling) THEN did the mods and retested, it's a bit unscientific as to

how much the mods improved the car (specifically braking and handling).

If they did do a stock run and mention it in the article...great.

If not...WTF and why NOT?

By the way, the BBS RE wheels they put on were 18x8 inch.

They weigh 19.0 lbs (.8 lbs lighter than stock) negligible really.

But that extra 1 inch wider wheel will give a big boost in grip.

And depending on what size tire they put on (VERY good chance it

was a 235/40/18 they put on a TALLER tire/wheel combo, and the

tire is probably HEAVIER than the stock tire.

So taking it all into account, the acceleration times would pretty much

be what a stock LGT would do. And there times confirm that as well.

Not too stiff. Those stock struts wont handle much over stock too well. Thats why I went with a coilover.

0.91 is still pretty impressive for so little modding. Of course most of it had to do with the stickier rubber I suspect. Not bad on a mostly stock plush stock suspension.

And the way the G tests are done. By nature it must be a constant... 0.91 g's. Not for a brief moment, not on the verge of disaster or spinning out.

What they do is take the car out on a 300 foot diameter skidpad. Then they drive it in a circle until they reach a speed where they begin to slide out a little bit to the outer circumfrence... Then they keep that speed constant. The speed that they drive around in circles in is mathmatically derived to produce a G-rating.

I'm curious as to the audio setup they have installed in it.. Of course, there's no pictures of that, nor an explanation.. It was interesting to read, and nice to see some numbers after mods. Although, those springs drop the car way to low for my daily driving..

P3 is hard to read, but they adapted STi front brakes to fit the LGT... at least that's what I was able to read while squinting. ;)

You can also see that on one of the big pictures on Page 2. I'd imagine that the biggest improvement in braking distance came from the tires though.

60-0 112ft? holy#$@#$

Page 3 = tiny, can't read what they did to the brakes.

I think it has more to do with what they did with the tires...

(those distances best an STi) Edit Apparently not in this test*

But it did kick its bum in the slolom :D

Dont underestimate the diffence a tire can make...

Archived