LegacyGT.com

*NEW* 2010 Legacy GTs!! $3k UNDER invoice! (SoCal)

jaque8

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good deals, but the OP sounds like a huge douche. Not a good idea to come on here and cause a stir. What you should have done is taken the hint and had your dealership pay for vendor status just to be safe.

If I were your manager, your comments would have had you fired, hoss.

First off, I said your dealership. Not you. And while you said you don't make any money off it, it's in your best interest to have cars moving off your lot. Whether it's because it's a car that's been sitting there for a long time unable to sell (my guess is that's the case here), or because you guys are desperately trying to reach your month-end sales quota for any possible bonuses from Subaru....having cars move from your lot makes you a more 'successful' dealership. Sure, selling at a loss is not something you'd want to do daily. However, if it allows that LGT to be removed from your lot (at a loss), you can pull in better selling vehicles that can be sold for profit and much quicker...then it's a no brainer. You take the hit, as it benefits the dealer in the long run.

As for coming onto a Subaru message forum and insulting the intelligence of the community, that's a brilliant move. Especially after you've "advertised" who you are. :lol:

I simply pointed out that you might want to check into a vendors account as that is what is required for vendors (like yourself) to sell things here. Look how well Grayson Subaru does on this board. Has probably sold over 50 cars just from advertising specials on this board alone! But you had to come back with a "I'm not here to make money" comment, which while you're main focus here may not be to sell vehicles, part of that focus now is (seeing as you're a sales manager and you've made this post).

If it's one thing I've learned about sales people over my 15 years of working with them, it's that they're "always on". Always angling for a sale at any point, at any time if they see the opportunity.

Anyway, I'm done here. But when you boil it down, you're a sales manager who works at a dealership, and you've posted about selling cars here. IMO, that means you're a vendor, and require vendor status. But again, just my opinion. Best of luck to you and your dealership.

:yeahthat: Agreed.

Hey Everyone,

Not sure if I'm allowed to advertise as a dealer on here but I'm giving it a shot!

I'm the Internet Sales Director at Kearny Mesa Subaru in San Diego. Also the proud owner of a 2005 LGT :cool:

I have two 2010 Legacy GTs that I have some extra incentives on and I want to find a good home for! One Limited, One premium. Both Satin White Pearl

If you or anyone you know is in the market for a new LGT or any Subaru for that matter get a hold of me! I will make it worth your while even if you're from out of town!

Here's what I got:

2010 Legacy GT Premium, Satin White Pearl, Harmon/Kardon + Moonroof

MSRP = $31,145

LGT.com Discount Price = $24,999!!! + tax/license

They also have 2.9% APR right now!

I'm giving these things away guys!! :)

OMFG that's an awesome deal!

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

First off I'm salary based.

Secondly do you honestly think we are still making money at $3,400 UNDER invoice??

I thought Subaru owners were supposed to be intelligent... I also thought they were nice :rolleyes:

I coulda stayed with the BMW crowd for this type of arrogance lol

I resent the fact that you mock our intelligence and can only say that based off how you fail to recognize the fact that you are trying to vendor merchandise for your dealership only leads to one conclusion that not only are you clueless but you are obviously not very intelligent.

I would venture to guess that you are just some loser with a highschool diploma that can't make anything of himself so he got into sales lying to people and giving false promises while you go up higher on the evil totem pole of sales.

Can you explain how your dealership is not making money from the sale of a car?

I am a Sales Manager for a Hyundai dealership. We give shit away at our expense all the time. Sometimes you have to take loss to move old aged units. Keep in mind that, that price is probably including factory rebates/incentives so the dealer is maybe taking a $2000 or $1000 loss instead. Also alot of time the factory will not send you new model year product until you move last years. With the 11's just hitting the floor that may well be the case. Think about it.

Edit: Buuut, if you're in Cali and are considering this car, why not wait a month and a bit for the 2012 Hyundai Sonata Turbo? You don't need that AWD, its cheaper, much better looking, has a better warranty and gets far more MPG! Oh and it's more powerful.... :hide:

I would venture to guess that you are just some loser with a highschool diploma that can't make anything of himself so he got into sales lying to people and giving false promises while you go up higher on the evil totem pole of sales.

Thanks alot...I resemble that remark and you've hurt my feelings!

Oh....the 6 figure income I make w/out making student loan payments will make me feel better ;)

you have been paying floor plan charges on them and need to get them off your lot for the 2011 cars/ probably lying... I sold cars :lol: That slspecific car already sold sorry but they have lots of other great deals why dont you just come down and check them out...

:rolleyes:

^Ha, sounds like you weren't very good at it...

I love how seriously everyone these forums takes themselves. Get a life people! If this thread was agaisn't your sacred forum rules then have a moderator take it down!! Or ban it... but just stop bitching LOL

You all act as if the automotive world would stop turning if you precious enthusiasts weren't around!! But here is the honest Truth... you make horrible customers! You think "profit" is an evil word... Which is why I have no interest in being a vendor on forums :0) And why I only post on here such an amazing deal that you cheap bastards might actually say thank you :-P

BTW if you can't sense the sarcasm in that last joke then you have no hope at all...

I'll continue to sell Outbacks and Foresters to soccer moms and college grads thank you very much... I know you'll say "oh so you can just lie to them and rip them off!!" But $500 over invoice on a 2011 Limited Outback is not ripping people off, that's my internet pricing and it's a good deal to both parties, or $500 below invoice on a Forester. But if I were selling a Forester to an "enthusiast" you wouldn't stop until every penny of potential profit is gone.... are you starting to see the point??

The car business is rapidly changing but it doesn't look like many of you make it outside much to notice ;-)

And Yeah yeah everyone has a good caresalesman joke and knows how bad salesman are, worse then politicians and lawyers... they're just soooooo evil boo hoo. Truth is 99% of you would swap paychecks with them in a second... ;-)

I make 6 figures and I LOVE MY JOB! How many of you can say that??

But seriously I'm perplexed that this thread hasn't been shut down... By people's reaction you would've thought I was committing a crime!

oh and I'll probably get temp banned for this but I can live without the forums for a few days...

**** YOU!!!!!

Awww stop it Garrett you're making me blush :wub:

Didn't your cousin have to move out of town because he couldn't find work?? Sad story... Maybe he should've got a job in the car biz ;-)

^Ha, sounds like you weren't very good at it...

I love how seriously everyone these forums takes themselves. Get a life people! If this thread was agaisn't your sacred forum rules then have a moderator take it down!! Or ban it... but just stop bitching LOL

You all act as if the automotive world would stop turning if you precious enthusiasts weren't around!! But here is the honest Truth... you make horrible customers! You think "profit" is an evil word... Which is why I have no interest in being a vendor on forums :0) And why I only post on here such an amazing deal that you cheap bastards might actually say thank you :-P

BTW if you can't sense the sarcasm in that last joke then you have no hope at all...

I'll continue to sell Outbacks and Foresters to soccer moms and college grads thank you very much... I know you'll say "oh so you can just lie to them and rip them off!!" But $500 over invoice on a 2011 Limited Outback is not ripping people off, that's my internet pricing and it's a good deal to both parties, or $500 below invoice on a Forester. But if I were selling a Forester to an "enthusiast" you wouldn't stop until every penny of potential profit is gone.... are you starting to see the point??

The car business is rapidly changing but it doesn't look like many of you make it outside much to notice ;-)

And Yeah yeah everyone has a good caresalesman joke and knows how bad salesman are, worse then politicians and lawyers... they're just soooooo evil boo hoo. Truth is 99% of you would swap paychecks with them in a second... ;-)

But seriously I'm perplexed that this thread hasn't been shut down... By people's reaction you would've thought I was committing a crime!

For someone with a faggy name like Jaque (real name? meh, dont really care), you certainly come off like an asshole. but maybe thats just me :iam:

Really trying to drive home the DB impression huh?

First off I'm salary based.

Six figure salary based internet car sales sounds 100% honest. :rolleyes:

Plenty of people ACTUALLY make 6 figure incomes doing what they love. There are also plenty of people who would jump out the window if they only made 6 figure incomes in a year.

Let's clear the air of a few items.

Every vendor/salesman/etc should have an ability to make some profit. Otherwise they go out of business, period.

Second, dealerships make money on transactions. Period. They do not make money when product sits. My firm does auto dealerships as our primary niche. We see the factory incentives, holdbacks, etc that come thru, regardless of price. You are not losing $3000 on this car. Are you making $3000 less profit than normal? Maybe.

So let's keep everything in the open. You are here to try to sell cars. You are offering a fair price on your car to a base of enthusiasts. You also have to expect these enthusiasts to be a harder short term sell, due to their knowledge. But, the long term benefits of dealers who treat the forum fairly are well rewarded with ongoing sales.

Awww stop it Garrett you're making me blush :wub:

Didn't your cousin have to move out of town because he couldn't find work?? Sad story... Maybe he should've got a job in the car biz ;-)

Why the hell are you bringing up my family in this especially considering you know nothing about what are you are trying to talk about. If this is some sort of attack you are trying to prevail down on me I can give you a date/time and place to meet me and you can have at it.

Let's clear the air of a few items.

Every vendor/salesman/etc should have an ability to make some profit. Otherwise they go out of business, period.

Second, dealerships make money on transactions. Period. They do not make money when product sits. My firm does auto dealerships as our primary niche. We see the factory incentives, holdbacks, etc that come thru, regardless of price. You are not losing $3000 on this car. Are you making $3000 less profit than normal? Maybe.

So let's keep everything in the open. You are here to try to sell cars. You are offering a fair price on your car to a base of enthusiasts. You also have to expect these enthusiasts to be a harder short term sell, due to their knowledge. But, the long term benefits of dealers who treat the forum fairly are well rewarded with ongoing sales.

:whore:

Archived