LegacyGT.com

Cold Feet

cachibache

or you could not disable the chime and actually put the freaking seat belt on. i don't understand why you wouldn't have your seatbelt on.

Uh...I never said I didn't wear my seatbelt. The well documented problem with the chime is that it doesn't EVER go away permanently. After the initial chime, it goes away for a few seconds, then comes on AGAIN and this will repeat (off for a few seconds, on for a few seconds). So if you take your seat belt off for some reason (say to get a map out of the glove box while stopped, or to adjust something you couldn't get to with the seatbelt on for example), the chime will come back. I find this annoying, as many others have. Don't make the assumption that because people disable the chime it means they don't wear their seltbelt. I ALWAYS wear mine when driving, but I don't need a chime to come on EVERY time I need to take it off for some reason. I'd be happy with a light/chime for the first few seconds after I start the car, then just a light (which to my understanding is how it will behave once the disable chime steps are properly followed).

Disabling the seatbelt chime is useful in a couple of situations. When I'm on the phone as I get in the car, it is nice to be able to start it up without having that dumb dinging in the background. Putting the seatbelt on is a habit for me and I don't need a chime to remind me to do it. I'm a safe driver and if someone cuts me off and wrecks my car then I want to be sure that I am able to get out and kick the shit out of them for messing up my car. :lol: My motiviation for wearing the seatbelt is that shallow. Sure its a law and sure its a safe thing to do, but my root motivation will always be so that I survive long enough to destroy whoever caused the damage.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

To bring this back to the original poster's questions... I have smelled the clutch stink exactly once, the day I got the car and was balancing learning the new release point, enjoying the car and trying to stay under the break-in RPM. The "stuttering" is there, in part-throttle conditions in 4th and 5th, but fairly mild. I'm going to bitch at the service manager at 3k (just a few weeks at the rate I'm going) and see if it can be fixed, but I'm not going to sell the car if it can't. It feels to me like it's something wonky in the programming of the throttle-by-wire system, but that's just a somewhat-educated guess. If so, it should be fixable with software.

I'm very happy with the purchase. I was really enjoying the car at first, then I got 1k miles on it and went from "Well isn't that nice acceleration" to "Wow how'd I get to 100?"

I could use a few extra MPG, but the other car I considered demands super as well, and doesn't return the same punch (nor does it allow you to use all of its lesser HP at once, lacking the LGT's AWD) and I got a much better deal on the LGT than I'd have gotten on an A3, so I'll suck it up and buy the gas.

If you like the car, buy it... I don't think you'll regret it. Read carefully... most people say something on the order of "My clutch is stinky but I don't care, I'd buy it again."

DKB

This thread can now be officially closed; I got myself a GT Atlantic blue.

Loving it. There is minimal clutch stink while going uphill while on first. Hope this will be only temporary.

Congrats on the car purchase! What's the difference between the Atlantic blue and the Regal blue?

Congrats on the car purchase! What's the difference between the Atlantic blue and the Regal blue?

....the color....ok enough of the obvious...

Regal blue is the dark, almost navy blue, where the Atlantic blue is more of a baby blue / sky blue / a little darker.

....the color....ok enough of the obvious...

Regal blue is the dark, almost navy blue, where the Atlantic blue is more of a baby blue / sky blue / a little darker.

The atlantic blue is sort of a medium darkness, or a bit lighter and its kind of teal i guess.

The atlantic blue is sort of a medium darkness, or a bit lighter and its kind of teal i guess.

yeah...best advice would be look at pictures. It one of those colors which is hard to describe.

yeah...best advice would be look at pictures. It one of those colors which is hard to describe.

Most of the picures I've seen of it don't look right either. People need to learn how to white balance.

Archived