LegacyGT.com

Problem is still here

So I cant figure this out. Basically I hit pulled out of my road today and as soon as it hit second it was like I lost all power. It doesn't get rougher or anything its just like the gas pedal stops working unless I slam it to the floor... So when it hit second it dropped to about 1000 rpm and pressing the gas pedal didn't do anything until I floored it. I am sure its not the fuel pump because they either die or they are good, and if it were the filter I am guessing it would sputter and stuff due to lack of fuel, same thing on the spark plugs and wires. I want to say its something like a TPS but I don't know enough about them to say for sure...

Try with disconnecting the hose to the canister and plug it so there is no leak into the manifold that way.

Just in case the canister is filled with fuel for some obscure reason and that it's the problem - causing the engine running way to rich until you have full throttle.

If that helps it's fine and you only need to get rid of the excess in the canister, but if not then I suspect the TPS.

453747.png

Archived