LegacyGT.com

ss brake line install

GTLEGACY007

So I just got done with the install of some techna fit ss brake lines. Did a fluid flush with oem fluid as well. Now when I step on the brake, it feels like there's more travel than before before the brakes "grab". Once they do grab they feel similar , or perhaps a bit better than stock, but not a night and day difference. It's difficult to quantify , as I'm in desperate need of new pads and rotors, which is up next on my to do list. So is this increased pedal travel normal, or not? Air in the lines? How should these lines feel?

If the oem lines were in good shape, and they should have been, the pedal feel probably won't be much different. How much fluid did you use flushing your brakes? Did you keep the brake fluid reservoir full while you changed the lines?

Kept the reservoir full at all times during the bleed, made sure of that lol. Used two bottles of Subaru fluid. Took the car on some twisties today, brakes got plenty of use and performed perfectly. I think whatever I was feeling was in my head. Hope to feel the real difference when I do the pads and rotors in a couple weeks.

Update- The brakes are now making a bit of noise i've never heard them make before. Here's the scenario: i'm doing about 5 mph, a/c and radio off, I press the brake pedal and just before the car comes to a stop, there is a creaking sound. Literally sounds like a door creaking or something like that. It's weird, because it only happens if I press the brake pedal while the car is moving. If the cars not moving, pressing the brake pedal produces absolutely no noise. I can pump the brakes, it will do nothing. But when driving it definitely makes the noise. Initially this led me to believe it wasn't the brakes at all, maybe the front springs or swaybar making noise, but there is no noise if I don't press the brake pedal. If I let the car coast to a stop, or make several hard turns at low speed without pressing the brake, it's silent. It's not really loud, but i'm 100% positive it wasn't there before I did the lines. Any ideas on this?

Archived