LegacyGT.com

who has driven both KW/RCE and BC racing coils

momotaro

One thing you don't cheap out on is suspension. It will drive you nuts everyday if you do.

Understatement. People who ride on a crap suspension must be the least picky individuals ever. All these bargain basement coilovers are truly garbage with a zero added onto the price since somehow people actually are willing to pay it.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

[understatement. People who ride on a crap suspension must be the least picky individuals ever. All these bargain basement coilovers are truly garbage with a zero added onto the price since somehow people actually are willing to pay it. /QUOTE]

I think you have to keep an open mind to what is available. If the engineering is solid and the manufacturing process is quality controlled, then the product can have outstanding value. Dismissing anything that is made in Taiwan as junk with out objective measure is ignorant. Granted, there is more often truth to the statement "you get what you pay for"; however, this is often not the case.

I am far more familiar with another industry that looked upon Taiwan built product as low end in the 1980-1990's. Only Italian and maybe N.A. product was considered quality. in the 2000's, After 20 years of manufacturing experience the best products were coming from Taiwan.

My previous suspension setups have all been japanese and australian design and manufactured, and initially I never considered "bargan brand" stuff; however, I am willing to give the BC coils a chance because of the price I paid and the reviews and features I read. Time will tell if I was wrong.

So far (only two days) I am happy.

I have a set of the RCE Tarmacs on the way for my Outback XT. I will also take a look at the Subtle 1" lift kits if the height is too low for my tastes or too low for proper alignment settings.

I'll post my impressions on the Tarmacs once I get them installed and put some miles on them.

DT

Archived