LegacyGT.com

cooling fan always running

I was getting my car road tuned at MSPT when Dave mentioned to me that my cooling fan was on almost constantly, and that on some models it was actually recalled. I called subaru and they said my car is not on the recall list. Is there anything I can do about this issue before my fan dies/car overheats?? Dave said with the recall that they replace the entire ECU.

the fan runs pretty much always at low speed when the ac is on ..

turn off ac .. run the car .. at that point it should cycle on and off perodically .. if its on full bast as soon as you turn on the ignition then you may have a problem ... but even then the fans won't die .. they will run forever .. i have my fans running full blast as soon as the car gets to temperature .. keeps the under hood temps way down mostly because the thermostat is still closed and its pulling cold air into the engine bay ... keeps the altenator cooler also .. but then again draws more amps.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

You could always replace the relay yourself, if you are concerned about it. It's a cheap part. The part number is somewhere in this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cooling-fan-relay-issue-now-recall-campaign-55332.html

But +1 on trying a different dealership.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived