LegacyGT.com

91 Turbo Sport 3.90 viscous diff

if you cant find one do a swap from a 411 or 444 diff you can read about it on ultimatesubaru.org.

bassicaly you take your diff apart and use the carier out of the 411 or 444 diff in your diff youi keep your ring and pinon. ive done it on several cars and never had problems you may have to mix it up with the axles a bit to get everything to work but its going to be kinda custom anyway. sorry about the spelling im in a hurry...

True on the open, which is what i will probably have to do. As far as changing the gear ration to 411, i would have to change the front transfer and the tranny shaft, checked into it and that would be a lot of money and work. Wish someone out there had a 91 3.90 viscous.

i was not suguesting that you turn your car into a 4.11 or 4.44

if your lsd is shot here is what you do

use the 4.44 or 4.11 lsd and put it in your 3.9 housing then you have a 3.9lsd...

here are some directions. they involve the 3.7lsd(not vlsd) and to 3.9lsd but it works for lsd or vlsd swaps in general... good luck...

pm me and ill drop you my ph if you want me to try and explain it over the phone....

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49924

Archived