LegacyGT.com

Please Help w. PO171, system too lean

I have a horrible horrible rough idle and stalling problem. I scanned it and got three codes.

PO171 system too lean, bank 1

PO302 & PO303 cylinders 2 and 3 misfires

I cleared the codes...ran it at a higher rpm and it sounded fine. It still won't idle and keeps stalling. It smells like unburnt/partially burnt fuel? It's hard to tell...but it smells kinda gross. When I was sitting with my foot on the throttle at 2800rpm is was smooth and fine for a while then it started to get choppy and tried to stall, but messing with the throttle I could keep it running to pull codes again. The only one that came back was PO171, system too lean, bank 1.

What am I looking for? I can read 02 sensor voltages through the scanner, but what is normal? I can't check anything at idle, because it's so unstable.

found it

blew off the blue tee connector under the cooler

I have already placed an order for a new intake pipe for 300 bucks, and intake manifold gaskets... I found a small tear on the intake pipe right at the turbo, and I was banking on that. After I ordered the pipe and gaskets...I took off the cooler to get started ripping it apart and I found that vacuum line off. It still idles a little rough, but it's pretty much back to normal. I hope that new intake pipe makes a difference other than looking cooler for 300 bucks.

When I scanned the o2 sensors...one is at .5-.8 volts, and the other is at 2.4-2.7 volts.

Is that right?

I just picked up a 2005 GT the other day that had the engine rebuilt by Subaru, with a new Turbo installed as well. I know the previous owner did all the maintenance to the vehicle and had issues with the vehicle lacking power and rough idle, he also replaced both vct solenoids. Check engine light came on yesterday and had the code pulled p0171, while driving it last night i could feel it hesitating/misfiring at about 2-3k rpms. Any Help?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived