LegacyGT.com

Clutch Masters Stage 3 and Act PRolite

SubaruFanatic

Just installed a clutch masters stage 3 and act prolite this past weekend by my self with nothing but a jack and jack stands, ok and air tools.

Stock clutch was def fucked. stage 2.5 and I would abuse it like no other. Hot spots on the flywheel etc.

Anyway car runs great i'm going through the break in period which i'm having a hard time controlling my foot but the only thing i noticed is that the flywheel def takes alot of low end torque away from that car. If you are on a hill you need to rev it up higher but I dont really care cause the clutch engages smoothly and no chatter. I would recommend this to anyone looking to upgrade.

A new clutch and a non-lightened flywheel would have been the same improvement in shifting without the loss of driveability. Launching at the track will also require a lot more revs than before.

i dont plan on running this at the track I have a trans am that I would race and now it needs a tranny and I went through 4 rear end rebuilds before i bought a 9in for it. I dont plan on wrecking my DD but thanks lol. I did notice that engine revs are much quicker 1st gear pretty much serves as a granny gear basically

I would never recomend the porlight fw. it is way to light for our cars unless it was a race car only. drivability in a big city is going to really suck for you in traffic!!!

I dont live in a city. And its fine I just had to adjust the way I disengage the clutch.

i dont plan on running this at the track I have a trans am that I would race and now it needs a tranny and I went through 4 rear end rebuilds before i bought a 9in for it. I dont plan on wrecking my DD but thanks lol. I did notice that engine revs are much quicker 1st gear pretty much serves as a granny gear basically

What's the build list on your T/A? I swore I heard a little cammer idle when you bought that VF40.:lol:;)

What's the build list on your T/A? I swore I heard a little cammer idle when you bought that VF40.:lol:;)

hahah you damn right i got a cam in there. Actually its pretty much stock except cam torquer v2 ( 234-236 595 lift on 112 lsa) and bolt ons. It is the firehawk version so it came with little upgrades. Only other major thing is the 9in rear so i dont break it anymore.

BTW it dyno'd 425 on a mustang dyno its still faster than my legacy but my legacy is catching up!

Archived