LegacyGT.com

P0302, anyone want to take a stab at what it is?

Where will the misfire code pop up next?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the misfire code pop up next?

• Cylinder #1 (faulty coil pack)
    • Cylinder #2 (neither coil nor injector)
    • Cylinder #4 (faulty injector)
    • No codes for a month+, tightening #3 coilpack or magic cured it

Two weeks ago my wife's bone-stock 2005 LGT wagon (62k miles) threw a code right at a warm startup. Using the built in code reader (thank you, forum) it turned out to be P0302. I cleared it and hoped it was a fluke. Today it came back, and again it happened right after a warm startup. The car seems to run fine, although the idle might be *slightly* more rough than usual.

After some searching of the forum, I swapped the injector with the one from cyl#4 and the coil pack with the one from cyl#1. Comparing the spark plugs from cylinders 1 and 2 I didn't see much of a difference.

Anyone care to guess where the code pops up again? At #1 (coil pack), at #4 (injector) or #2 (none of the above)? Whoever guesses correctly gets a warm fuzzy feeling and bragging rights. :icon_bigg

Also, I noticed that the coil pack for cylinder #3 was loose, I could wiggle it with my fingers (the dealer performed the 60k service about a month ago). I tightened it down while I was in there. How that would cause a #2 misfire is beyond me, but I suppose anything's possible.

I'll post with updates as they happen. Enjoy!

Archived