LegacyGT.com

Won't boost past 11.6 psi!! Stg 2 Cobb AP

it is a very common problem with these cars that the stock waste gate actuator will not allow you to run the full boost. you can always upgrade to a avo adjustable wastegate actuator or just do what i did and buy a bigger and better turbo. but try to unload the map and reload it and see what happens.

Get a manual boost controller. It makes everything 100 percent easier. I hit 20 psi consistently no matter how hot or cold it is outside. Makes tuning the car easier and allows you to make sure that you hit your target boost all of the time.

wow, 2 very horrible pieces of advice.

the stock system is more than capable of getting stage 2 target bost levels without needing a MBC or a new WGA. The OP obviously has some sort of vacuum/boost leak. if the system is targeting 16-17 PSI which is standard for stage 2 it should reach it unless there is a leak somewhere.

OP, make sure your IC to TB tube is secure and also, if you are running the stock TMIC, that all the tabs are still in good shape.

wow, 2 very horrible pieces of advice.

:wub::wub::wub:WTig tellin' it like it is:wub::wub::wub:

Im running an Infamous tuned vf39 setup on OEM boost and hit 20 psi all the time. No need for a boost controller just a couple of pills or welding tips and a good tuner to get dialed in.

OP: I am guessing its not a pill/controller/actuator issue as you (apparently observed?) made good boost before.

I have invidia catless UP and Cobb DP with SPT catback. Flashed Stg 2 like a month ago. Got my AP back from Cobb last week and wont boost past 11.6. Checked vacuum lines. What next?

Sorry for my previous shortsighted response. Whitetiger is correct your stock boost control system should be fine for your car and there is more than likely a leak somewhere in the system. Good luck sorting out your issue as there is nothing that you should have to buy to fix the issue(i.e. manual boost controller and new wastegate actuator).

Before you look for vacuum lines, something even more simple than that.

IF you have th SI drive. Put it in S#. I mode tops out at 11.

^^^ I agree, thats what happened to me after my tune. I hit the I drive by mistake and wondering why Im not going.

• 1 year later...
same issue. no visible boost leaks on the turbo and vaccum lines near and around the turbo. thot i had a faulty solenoid so i put in a hallman mbc. i got some boost back but i stilll either have a leak or my ecu wont let me boost higher because the tune is for the solenoid and not the effects of an MBC?

Archived