LegacyGT.com

Pacific Northwest - Ready to Buy, Please Help.

I live in Portland, Oregon and am looking at soon buying a 2005 Legacy 2.5i Wagon Automatic. I simply don't need the GT or an Outback & the Automatic is for my wife. I hope that folks here might be able to lend a comment about: 1) How much above Invoice should I expect to pay? 2) Any comments about good (or bad) dealers in the greater Portland Metro area? How about Seattle? 3) What about notable (or crummy) service from these dealers? 4) Is the $3,000 difference between Std & Limited really worth it? 5) Local inventories seem to include the "Popular Equipment Group 1." Is that universal? How negotiable? 6) Will I likely get a much better deal at the End Of Month when I do a fax bid invitation ([url]http://www.fool.com/car/car12.htm[/url])? 7) With $4000 down and either 3.6% for 36 months or 4.14% for 48 months, would a dealer likely beat my own financing? Hopefully a future Legacy owner...David

cars101.com will connect you with Joe Spitz who is connected to carter Subaru I believe (also affiliated with Subie Gal, I think) Anyway, he is the internet/fleet sales manager and from reviews I've heard will treat you well! -Allen

Waitingallday, I've been the ultimate sleeper on this board. I have been reading reviews and conversations for over a month, quietly awaiting the arrival of my GT Ltd Wagon, Silver. I have my car coming in through Carr Subaru. They are one of the biggest Subaru dealers in the NW. They have a shipment coming next week of GT Ltd's and already have a number of GT's in stock. Here is their website, [url]http://www.carr.subaru.com/en_US/[/url]. They are a very courteous crew and have a salaried sales staff. Low pressure. They will take orders and work with you. I can get you some names if you would like? The sales manager that I am working with gave me a great deal on the trade in that we are getting rid of, a Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (aka Gas Guzzler). He is in Las Vegas this week doing the dealer education drive. Next week I should be riding in style. J.R.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the information on the Internet and Fleet Sales Manager. If you want to work with him, he will cut through a lot of the "red tape", and give you a good deal. [email]keby@carrauto.com[/email] Ken Eby Wholesale and Fleet Sales Manager Carr Subaru N.W. 503-672-3318 office direct 1-866-715-9540 toll free 503-469-2474 fax 503-577-2151 cell

Archived