LegacyGT.com

do I need a MAF sensor for my SPT intake?

joedirtae09

You only need (and have) the one maf sensor. It tells the cars ecu how much air is coming in through the intake. If your friend told you to get one then his advice might not be the best to go by. Maybe he was telling you that you needed to rescale your maf sensor, which would be true. That requires getting a tune.

If you're running the stock tune, then you can get away without scaling the maf sensor, as the open loop fueling targets are really rich.

I installed the SPT intake on my 09 LGT and ran it on a stock tune for a good while, i didn't have any issues, no check engine lights or anything. And when i got my tactrix port and pulled an LV shot and everything was fine.

Stop listening to your friend and do some searching here n the forum.Your friend is giving you false advice.

Doesn't the SPT intake have its own MAF built into the tube ?

(and I am soooo jealous ------CF side strakes------must look awesome with the S spoiler ! )

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Has a MAF mount built into the tube. MAF is the one that came with the car, LOL.

All the CF looks very nice. I have every product R-Rev Sports makes in CF. I am also having them custom CF wrap my a-pillars and nav surround. They are shipping out as soon as the new OEM ones arrive. Want to have new wrapped and keep the old just in case.

Has a MAF mount built into the tube. MAF is the one that came with the car, LOL.

All the CF looks very nice. I have every product R-Rev Sports makes in CF. I am also having them custom CF wrap my a-pillars and nav surround. They are shipping out as soon as the new OEM ones arrive. Want to have new wrapped and keep the old just in case.

Makes you wonder about Subaru's thought process , eh ? You would think the sensor would be different , no? I wonder how one would clean it since its buried halfway down the tube ?

Damn ! ..........I wish you were closer to me ( and I wish I had a sh*t-load of modding money. I would love to have you and infamous1 transform my car ! )

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

MAF sensors should not theoretically need cleaning. If air filter is changed regularly, it keeps MAF clean.

They do however make special cleaners. Be careful. If the MAF was really that dirty the filth would be insulating it, altering the reading. Once it is cleaned the car should be put back into "learning" mode.

Subaru made all kinds of odd decisions with the design of the SPT intake. Different tubing size than stock too. So the MAF reading is off no matter what (unless you re-scale it yourself). They intended for the intake to cause a rich condition, which they apparently felt was safe(er), since re-tuning would void the warranty.

If I was still in NYC I would hook you up. Until (if) I get back, the cars have to come to Cali. Sorry.

Do it right the first time is correct. It went along with my other union bumper sticker. Work union, live better. Local 230 Journeyman (retired), Plumbers, Pipefitters, Steamfitters.

Archived